CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 07-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
Ivonne Berkowitz

Profile:  
Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading along on crossfit.com for almost a month now, and just started doing WOD's with the new CrossfitNYC group which launched this past Sunday. I LOVE it. Absolutely love it.

I am a personal trainer at a large gym in the upper east side, where most if not all of my clients are the average joe and jane. My own workout history/background for myself has been geared more toward the bodybuilding/figure side than anything else, so a lot of this crossfit stuff is new and unfamiliar territory to me, at least in practice if not in theory.

As for the diet - I am not sure that I will be following a paleo or zone diet strictly. I do watch what I eat and eat generally clean foods (lean meats, veggies, EFA's, etc), but I also include grains, legumes and tubers in my diet (brown rice, oats, peanut butter/peanuts, yams and such). I also occasionally indulge in a diet soda or sweets, but not as often as I'd like (yes i have a sweet tooth that rears its ugly head once in a while).

Aaaanyway! Before i get toooo verbose here... just wanted to say hi!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
Rock on! Glad you got on the boards, Ivonne. Welcome.

Ivonne is tough and works real hard. So I'm sure we'll be naming an NYC workout after her at some point. :-)