CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
John Walsh

Profile:
Did anyone see this T-Nation article on steroids?
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=7428EF7C1EDF9BD5C8CAC73158 9178FD .hydra?id=856980

What a pathetic character!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
Allen Yeh

Profile:
Addiction comes in all forms if not steroids for this guy it most likely would have been something else. Total nutjob.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
Steven Stackpole

Profile:
Fella's
Against my better judgement I read this article yesterday. There go 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
"Pathetic" isnt a strong enough word John.
These losers will go to any length to justify their lifestyle. Seriously, shooting vegetable oil into your system???
Very f---ed up!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
Paul Symes

Profile:
He sounds like he doesn't have the brains he was born with so it's a bit sad. I'm sure steroids probably aren't that dangerous if used moderately, there's a lot of hysteria surrounding them. I'd be too worried about my health to take them personally. How someone could inject a drug or take a pill that a complete stranger gave them, without even knowing what was in it is beyond belief.

I've recently read 'Muscle' by Sam Fussell which is the story of a guy who gets wrapped up in the bodybuilding lifestyle. It's a very good book. He's an intelligent guy who explains how he ended up using steroids and being obsessed with just one thing at the expense of everything and everyone else.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
Michael J. Joyce

Profile:
Shooting up vegetable oil... doesn't this guy know that extra virgin olive oil goes in much easier?? Duh!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #6
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
I think the highlight of the article is here (slightly edited):

"It came with this big cattle gun, and you were supposed to shoot it behind your ear, and I'd look at this thing and say, "You know, I ain't doin' it."

We couldn't get anyone to take the pellets in the @$$, so what we did, we'd take a soup spoon, turn on the stove, and we'd put two cc's of olive oil in the spoon and add 8 pellets. We'd cook it until it dissolved, and I can't remember the exact times, but it was down to a F*<{n' science. As soon as it dissolved, you had to wait exactly 37 seconds or something after you pulled it off the stove to pull it into the syringe.

If you didn't wait 37 seconds, you'd melt the syringe. If you waited too long, it would start to coagulate again and you'd never get it through.

Once you got it in the syringe, you had to run it under cold water for 25 seconds. And then shoot the **** as fast as you could, because it would start to bind again. And it always did bind back up in your @$$. And you'd get that shock syndrome because you were shooting this hot oil in your @$$ and you'd lose your breath.

Our heads got all big and bloated. We looked like the guy from The Family Guy. Sometimes, because the estrogen was so high, you'd get just huge b!t<h ****. One guy could even squeeze stuff out of his nipple.

We lived on this $h!t for about a year!"

Damn, and I have been doing CF when I could have been doing this!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
Steve Shafley

Profile:
If that story is even a true one (and it sounds like an synthesis of assorted stupid steriod stories I've heard online) that guy is just dumb. Take him out of the gene pool.

Anabolics are illegal, sure. It's not "morally" acceptable to use anabolics in a competition against non-anabolics users. It's probably not real smart to use "kitchen chemistry" to make your own injectible anabolics from cattle implants.

The bad thing about all the buzz about steriods lately, is that they were designed as medicine for treatment of low body weight, or as a treatment for those who needed to short their LBM up against wasting diseases. Now it's almost impossible to get them prescribed for their medically valid purposes.

Plus, testosterone is a proven anti-depressant.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
Peter Douglass

Profile:  
I wonder if some of the responses to this article on T- Nation are not just a little harsh. Granted it is an interesting choice of lifestyles but the choice of lifestyle may be more reflective of underlying issues.

I wonder if the comments would not of been a perhaps a little more restrained if the word steroid had been substituted with anoxeria. Many people would cringe at the strategies that anorexics go through and some of their views of the world yet in many ways they are similiar to the body dymorphism suffered by body builders and the like whose all encompassing aim is to become huge at any cost.

Both groups display very similiar characteristics such as poor self image, distorted world view, and various stages of self denial.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 AM   #9
Chris Forbis

Profile:
Steve - He's already out of the gene pool. He talked about his sperm count and it is so low that we have nothing to worry about.

Peter - Great post.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #10
Roger Harrell

Profile:
Darwin award winner requirement. Death, or removal of reproduction function. Voila. Good catch Chris :-)