CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Nick Lenehan

Profile:
New Reebok Oly Lifter Plus?

Just ordered a pair of these. Anyone here try them out? How do they hold up against the Romaleo 2.0's or Adidas? I've heard the originals weren't in the same league but how are the updated ones? They look bad *** too

http://www.reebok.ca/Men%27s-Reebok-...cgid=men-Shoes
Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Brian Liang

Profile:
Re: New Reebok Oly Lifter Plus?

I find th Reebok Oly Plus is a bit more stiffer than the previous Reebok lifters. That may be due to the the lower strap (which i find actually makes a difference in comparision to the Nikes Romaleos, which is already so stiff that you cant really even notice any tightening).

You cant really compare, the reebok ones to the Nike or Adidas one. Because the Reebok lifters are crossfit inspired (its like trying to compare a race car to a rally car). If you want to just do only olympic lifting than Nike or Adidas maybe better. I have the Nike Romaleos, Adidas lifters, Adidas Adipower, Reebok Lifters and the Rebook Lifters Plus. And I personally perfer, the Reebok ones, just because they fit me better, I can use them for WODs, and my lifts arnt in that superhero heavy range yet.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Liang View Post
I find th Reebok Oly Plus is a bit more stiffer than the previous Reebok lifters. That may be due to the the lower strap (which i find actually makes a difference in comparision to the Nikes Romaleos, which is already so stiff that you cant really even notice any tightening).

You cant really compare, the reebok ones to the Nike or Adidas one. Because the Reebok lifters are crossfit inspired (its like trying to compare a race car to a rally car). If you want to just do only olympic lifting than Nike or Adidas maybe better. I have the Nike Romaleos, Adidas lifters, Adidas Adipower, Reebok Lifters and the Rebook Lifters Plus. And I personally perfer, the Reebok ones, just because they fit me better, I can use them for WODs, and my lifts arnt in that superhero heavy range yet.
Good grief! That's, like, almost a grand just for lifting shoes... I thought I had a lot of shoes
Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Nick Lenehan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Liang View Post

Awesome, thanks a lot for the reply!

I currently have Do-Win's from 2010, so anything is an upgrade at this point!
They should be here Monday, which is perfect because Monday is squat day at the box I go to!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 AM   #5
Michael R Murphy

Profile:

Hey Nick, how do you like the reeboks? I need to upgrade from 2009 DoWins...
Old 03-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
Adrian Garcia

Profile:

Do lifter plus fit .5 size smaller than normal? I tried on a 12 and they were huge. I tried on an 11 and the felt perfect. I only had on thin feet sleeves because I didn't have socks to try with them. I'm normally an 11.5. My reebok nano 3.0 are also 11. Just wondering if Reebok downsized their shoes.