CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #141
Dare Vodusek
Member Dare Vodusek is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kidricevo  Slovania
Posts: 901
Re: Renegade Diet

Let me explain this a bit further...hopefully you will understand. Fasting is good for two things. One is burning body fat, because body needs energy to function and there was no food intake and it needs energy from somewhere. And second are the autophagy pathways, this is something that makes fasting a healthy habit.

So if you are using fasting for number one, BP will ruin it, because it will provide energy from "food" and body will not need to use body fat.

But if you are using fasting as a health tool BP will not affect it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #142
James Ammon
Member James Ammon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Saint Louis  MO
Posts: 2
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Let me explain this a bit further...hopefully you will understand. Fasting is good for two things. One is burning body fat, because body needs energy to function and there was no food intake and it needs energy from somewhere. And second are the autophagy pathways, this is something that makes fasting a healthy habit.

So if you are using fasting for number one, BP will ruin it, because it will provide energy from "food" and body will not need to use body fat.

But if you are using fasting as a health tool BP will not affect it.

Great post, I think there was a lot of confusion on that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #143
Todd Taylor
Member Todd Taylor is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Banning  CA
Posts: 18
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Let me explain this a bit further...hopefully you will understand. Fasting is good for two things. One is burning body fat, because body needs energy to function and there was no food intake and it needs energy from somewhere. And second are the autophagy pathways, this is something that makes fasting a healthy habit.

So if you are using fasting for number one, BP will ruin it, because it will provide energy from "food" and body will not need to use body fat.

But if you are using fasting as a health tool BP will not affect it.

Excellent thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #144
Dare Vodusek
Member Dare Vodusek is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kidricevo  Slovania
Posts: 901
Re: Renegade Diet

Im thinking about the daily calorie intake. Its fairly easy on ON/OFF days, but how about if we only do a short WOD, something only 15-30mins long, not pure "all out"...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #145
Paulo Santos
Banned Paulo Santos is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hopatcong  NJ
Posts: 2,164
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Im thinking about the daily calorie intake. Its fairly easy on ON/OFF days, but how about if we only do a short WOD, something only 15-30mins long, not pure "all out"...
At the most, you should only be doing 4 high calorie days, so if that short WOD is on a 5th workout day, then I'd make it a light calorie day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #146
Dare Vodusek
Member Dare Vodusek is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kidricevo  Slovania
Posts: 901
Re: Renegade Diet

Hey Paulo, how long have you been on the Renegade Diet and what kinda results are you getting (lift improvements, weight, body fat...)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #147
Paulo Santos
Banned Paulo Santos is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hopatcong  NJ
Posts: 2,164
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Hey Paulo, how long have you been on the Renegade Diet and what kinda results are you getting (lift improvements, weight, body fat...)?
I stopped doing the fasting part, but I do follow some of the post workout carb intake. I put on some weight because I was trying to bulk up and I'm feeling a lot stronger.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #148
Jordan Derksen
Member Jordan Derksen is offline
 
Jordan Derksen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg  MB Canada
Posts: 1,482
Re: Renegade Diet

I'm going to try this. I started an office job in the spring and have always been a hard gainer but for the first time in my life I'm putting it on in the lower abs and handles. It's been long and slow but it's noticeable now as my abs are disappearing; if I flex they're still there but otherwise they be gone. Mostly as well I'm interested in the boost in energy and finally taking control of my diet. I've always just done whatever/whenever.

My only concern is the amount of carbs to get in post workout. I currently workout from 5:30-7 so I don't usually have supper till 7:30 or 8. That gives me 2-3 hours till I go to bed to jam in a ton of carbs. 6 cups of rice sounds like a lot. May supplement with ice cream if I have to... we'll see.

I'm predicting near death experiences without breakfast for the first bit but I know it'll fix itself because a long time ago I never used to eat it.

If it works well I'll get my buddies GF on it, she's been trying to lose for years so this'll be a fun experiment.

Thanks for the info Paulo.
__________________
30/6'2"/203
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #149
Paulo Santos
Banned Paulo Santos is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hopatcong  NJ
Posts: 2,164
Re: Renegade Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Derksen View Post
I'm going to try this. I started an office job in the spring and have always been a hard gainer but for the first time in my life I'm putting it on in the lower abs and handles. It's been long and slow but it's noticeable now as my abs are disappearing; if I flex they're still there but otherwise they be gone. Mostly as well I'm interested in the boost in energy and finally taking control of my diet. I've always just done whatever/whenever.

My only concern is the amount of carbs to get in post workout. I currently workout from 5:30-7 so I don't usually have supper till 7:30 or 8. That gives me 2-3 hours till I go to bed to jam in a ton of carbs. 6 cups of rice sounds like a lot. May supplement with ice cream if I have to... we'll see.

I'm predicting near death experiences without breakfast for the first bit but I know it'll fix itself because a long time ago I never used to eat it.

If it works well I'll get my buddies GF on it, she's been trying to lose for years so this'll be a fun experiment.

Thanks for the info Paulo.
You will be fine, just shift your hours forward a little longer if you eat at 8PM. Breakfast will be tough until you get used to it. In the beginning, I'd recommend only fasting for 14 hours until you get used to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #150
Jordan Derksen
Member Jordan Derksen is offline
 
Jordan Derksen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg  MB Canada
Posts: 1,482
Re: Renegade Diet

Ya I'm planning to eat at 12 so that'll be about 14 hours if I eat a small meat before bed at 10ish.

I'm actually looking forward to having to make less food for the day at work, I'll be able to sleep in like another 10-20 minutes
__________________
30/6'2"/203
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IF, renegade, and Crossfit Evan Peikon Nutrition 7 05-14-2013 09:56 PM
Renegade diet/Intermittent Fasting with Paleo/Primal Jeffrey Hensley Nutrition 7 02-06-2013 03:52 PM
Renegade rows Dennis Yiatras Exercises 10 02-16-2006 01:20 PM
"Renegade Rows" Greg Beesch Exercises 8 05-11-2004 09:43 AM
Renegade Weekends Parth Shah Fitness 3 03-20-2004 08:31 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.