CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #21
Erin Hightower

Profile:
Re: WOD log- paper vs. technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
I plan my workouts in an excel spreadsheet, as it allows for easy editing, a birds eye view, and easy cut and paste from affiliate pages
]

This is what I do.

But I wod at home so there are a lot more advantages to me keeping it in excel... (beyond what David said is the advantages of searching the doc for "Fran" as example or I have a page with the girl wods stand alone and I plot my times over time...

plus I have it saved in a cloud as well as on my back up drive.... no fire should deter me
Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #22
Steven Wingo

Profile:

I used to be a paper notebook only person, by the myWod app--I have it on an iPhone but I believe there is an Android version as well--is awesome. If you want paper records, you can simply e-mail everything to yourself and print it out as well. The features are really great:

1. One location for all your one rep maxes, with records of what you did and when;
2. You can search for all the times you did a particular workout and have it all right there--for example if Dianne comes up you can pull up all your Dianne times;
3. You can download your workout directly from the main site or your own box' website through its RSS feed--you don't even have type to everything in yourself just your results;
4. All the named Girls and Hero workouts are listed in there, plus the open workouts from the last few years, plus 15 "on the road" workouts you can do without any equipment;
5. They have all the timers you would ever want--countdown, interval, tabata, and so on.

It is really the best app I have used for any purpose. I'm very pleased with it.

P.S. It costs just a couple of bucks. I have zero relation to the company which designs or sells it--I'm just a happy customer.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

I keep a paper log at the gym in my cubby: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-fitness-wodbooks.php WFS

Other versions here: http://sportjournals.com/wodbooks-2/ WFS
But the shipping is expensive.

Then I use the Workout Hero app for iPhone to log all my PRs on lifts and benchmark WODs so I can reference them anywhere away from the gym. I haven't tried any other apps but it was the highest rated one in the iTunes store so I just grabbed it.