CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #1
Josh Courage

Profile:
CrossFit Community Month - San Francisco Bay Area

I am reaching out to Bay Area CrossFit affiliates with the goal of spreading the knowledge of the CrossFit community. I am the owner of CrossFit Courage, based out of Burlingame, CA and in an effort to meet more CrossFitters, learn, network and grow, I have decided to put together a little challenge for myself all while promoting the awesome community that is CrossFit.

From January 1-31 I will travel the Bay Area visiting as many CrossFit affiliates as I can, meeting and interviewing coaches and athletes, getting in workouts, putting together a little video, and writing all about the journey on my site/blog. I can either train with a class, with the coaches, or by myself. The goal with this is to showcase each affiliates individuality and coaching (while not over-training myself and getting injured as I train for the 2011 Games…). I've had affiliates in the past host a bit of a "Fire-breathers Session" and invite their hardcore athletes to get after it with me, I'm game for that or anything really!

I will conduct an interview with coaches, talk with members, take pictures, and video as much as I can. And each night I will post a full story, review and workout video to my site to share with the world.

Also, it looks like HQ is in support of this and will be following along and posting up as much as they can on the main-site as well. So, there should be a great deal of attention around this adventure!

The main challenge will be scheduling all this in, so I am hoping to get a response asap from those of you who are game for this. All you have to do is say yes or no, and let me know if there is a best day/time that works for you and your box. From there I will bang out a schedule and let you know immediately when I will be coming in. I've gotten responses from 15 affiliates so far, so if you haven't heard from me and would like me to come on by, let me know asap!

Thanks so much, and I am looking forward to meeting you and all your coaches and athletes!

PS: Spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested in this!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Community Month - San Francisco Bay Area

Cool, be sure to hit my friends in Marin, CrossFitMarin if you want to see any Parkour. As well they are known for their gymnastics knowledge but they have all the apparatus at their gym for gymnastics.

Of course, hitting CFSF and hopefully seeing K-Star would be a good idea and you can see Carl as he is another elite gymnast as well.

I tried something similar to this a few years ago, but only managed to visit 3 affiliates in a few days. I've tried to hit others while taking excursions down to the bay area but it has never really happened.

Very soon for myself as well, I will see about doing this as I can as I moving back to the bay area. It's a bit like coming back home after 4 years!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Daniel Schmieding

Profile:

While you're on the 101 visiting Marin, feel free to head north another 20 minutes. You're always welcome at CrossFit Petaluma and CrossFit Sonoma County; you'll likely find me at both!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Josh Courage

Profile:

Sweet guys, thanks, I'll be sure to hit all them up. I think I sent a note to Marin, but I'll double check that. And hell yes, I would love to have any excuse to get up to Petaluma, my girl and I have a dream of getting a place up there at some point!

Let me know if you guys are ever in the Burlingame area, you know you got a place to workout. And keep your eyes open for a big announcement to come in a week or two!!

Josh Courage
Old 12-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Nice blog. I will see about the noon workout one of these days as I'm sure I could swing by and get back to Berkeley by 3 or 4 sometime in January or so when I get settled in.

So many places to train but so much stuff to get done. Scheduling nightmare.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
Josh Courage

Profile:

First visit (besides a run at my own spot today) is scheduled for tomorrow at CrossFit Pleasanton. If you have a gym, or know of one in the San Francisco Bay area that I should be visiting during this adventure, please get in touch with me asap.

As of now I have been in touch with 24 boxes, confirmed 17 visits and am hoping to hit about 26 if at all possible. Remember, I'll be doing a writ-up, plus a nice video post at each spot, and am hoping to really blow open just how great CrossFit is!

Oh, and I'll also be spreading the word of the Bay Areas biggest event of the winter months: The Courage Games 2011! Please get in touch with me soon if you want me to add your box to my Community Month visit.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Josh Courage

Profile:

Yo folks, just wanted to share that the CrossFit Community Month has been blowing up in the Bay Area. With 7 visits completed, I have already experienced and shared with the world such a huge variety of personalities and backgrounds within the CorssFit world. This week is going to be crazy, 7 visits in 6 days again, and I am sure there will be plenty of stories to tell!

Please follow along and spread the word! And of course, if you are in the Bay Area and don't have me scheduled fora visit, shoot me an email and let's set it up!

http://www.courageperformance.com/the-blog.html (wfs)