CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Administrative Area > Technical Support
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technical Support Questions on using the board software, etc.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
Emily Seabridge

Profile:

Please delete me

I have no problem with this forum or the way its run, but I'm on the job hunt and the less info about me there is online, the better.

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
Lawrence "Bo" Boland III

Profile:
Re: Please delete me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Seabridge View Post
I have no problem with this forum or the way its run, but I'm on the job hunt and the less info about me there is online, the better.

Thank you!
Emily, good luck in your job hunt... but even if you were deleted, your posts (with your name) would remain on the site.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Wow. What a sad commentary on the desperation out there. I am an employer, and personally, I could give a care if people work out or participate in a blog about it. (Scratching head.) It's not like someone is blogging on a site for meth addiction. But I suppose if someone has been out of work a long time and has been turned down for possible positions a lot you start to wonder about everything.

I just interviewed an attorney who was seeking a job with my firm. I offered him a job with a good salary. He said he needed to think about it.

He has been unemployed for THIRTEEN MONTHS. Seriously, what is there to think about? (Second head scratch.)
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Would you want to work for someone that did that much checking on you?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Yeah, no kidding. Or was so sensitive to imaginary failings? If doing CrossFit turned an employer off enough not to hire you, can you imagine what it would be like working for them?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Ben,

I worked at a place where I reprimanded for yawning in an 8 am meeting. Not "I'm so bored I wish this would end yawn", I was active and participating the whole time. I also got in trouble stretching, liek when you get up from your desk. I have a long torso and I'm 6'1" so shirts are short on me and you could see my belly button. I got calle dinto my boss's office. WHen he told me I said "Unless you have something important or interesting to talk about, I have things to do".
Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #7
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

When I hear stories about super anal bosses who just ride people for every little thing, it makes my head spin. I am just insanely focused on getting the job done. Everything else is really secondary. It is so hard to find, hire and keep good people who can do correctly what they are paid to do that driving them insane is just incredibly counterproductive.

If my employees are late because they overslept, big deal unless it happens every day. If someone has a temper tantrum on me and tells me off, as long as we can get past it and work together, life goes on. My two top people, who are just key to my organization and if they quit I would cry like an infant, both had very difficult times when they started with me. I strongly considered firing them. Thank goodness I didn't.