CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #111
Amber Mathwig

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Well, my day started off good enough...I did have a small piece of tortilla with my chicken fajita lunch, and one macadamia nut cookie for dinner. But, then for some reason I thought Girl Scout cookies tasted good and ate way too many (of course, after evaluating their true taste, even one was too many). Shouldn't be too hard to say no to those in the future now that I realized they don't taste as good as I remember from my past, and I wanted to fall asleep right away after eating them.

I hope everyone is having a good day, I am off to bed now!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #112
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Guere View Post
Well peeps, its been a week. I weighed and measured this morning. I lost 3lbs and 1/2 inch on my hips. Pretty good results for one week. Cant wait to see what week two has in store.

Until next time....
CONGRATS!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #113
Jennifer Woods

Profile:

Day 7 for me and I finally feel normal again. It's all making sense now. It took about 7 days to get all that crap out of my body and I feel good, energy is back to normal and cravings have subsided. The food choices come naturally to me now and I feel full and satisfied with what I am eating. Finally...I get it.
I don't think I want to cheat right now because, not only will the pain of punishment hurt, but the first 7 days of "getting off the crack" are pure hell.

Did you guys check out Melissa's blog today. It's a great reference to this challenge. She has been so supportive to me, and my head is huge because she mentions me and this challenge in the intro.
Great job Kerry and Amber on the weight loss. I am going to check the scales next Friday. I want to get two weeks under my belt before I start dating the scale once a week. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:16 AM   #114
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Keep up the good work, Jennifer!

I realized last night as I was writing the phrase" crapload of girl scout cookies" in my food journal that I had never eaten dinner. I never ate dinner because nothing had appealed to me at the chow hall (per usual on Fridays) and I only had a small plate of stuff I didn't want to eat. Set myself up for disaster on that one.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #115
Jill Kroos

Profile:

Well, I fell off the wagon in a big way.

It started Thursday night when I went to celebrate a friend's engagement. We went to a byob and had wine (too much wine) which led to beer, which led to tequila... you know how it goes.

But on Friday, I felt like crap. I would just eat anything in sight, which included a donut, some cookies, and some toast at breakfast. And, because I felt so sick, I didn't go to crossfit. I probably would've made the rest of the class drunk as I sweated tequila.

So today, I'm starting fresh. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it, I'm going to workout and continue the good habits I started.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #116
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Kroos View Post

It started Thursday night when I went to celebrate a friend's engagement. We went to a byob and had wine (too much wine) which led to beer, which led to tequila... you know how it goes.

But on Friday, I felt like crap. I would just eat anything in sight, which included a donut, some cookies, and some toast at breakfast. And, because I felt so sick, I didn't go to crossfit. I probably would've made the rest of the class drunk as I sweated tequila.

So today, I'm starting fresh. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it, I'm going to workout and continue the good habits I started.

don't beat yourself up too bad. maybe you needed the mental break as well as the physical. you are back in the gym today and if your able to be more intense for next few weeks because of it then it was a good thing.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #117
Jack Gayton

Profile:

So Day 7 and going good. Had two very minor slip-ups, but nothing to even concern myself with. I think having gone this route before and already being about 85% Paleo, it isn't quite the mental hurdle.

Now, it is Saturday and we are about to get snowed in, so today will be the test. As a caveat, I haven't given up beer or wine which I will be partaking in today.

I'm also making "primal chili" from MDA.

WFS
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/best-chili-recipe/
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #118
Amber Karnes

Profile:

Things are going well over here. Had veggie fajitas at the Mexican place last night, just ate the veggies and salad. Skipped the chips (woo hoo!). Today's been easy. I went to my first real crossfit workout and I'm exhausted. I'm hoping to go try this new burrito place that opened tonight unless my husband wants to stay in. They have a lot of veg meats and you can get the burrito as a salad. I'll do that with tons of veggies skip the rice.

My mom has been doing no grains/no sugar/no dairy for a week and has lost 7 pounds!! She has a really really hard time losing weight so she's really excited about that and plans to keep it up.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #119
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Kroos View Post

Yay! Good attitude!

Jack - Good luck with your snow day! Any day stuck inside always makes me want to eat...enjoy your chili!

Amber - good job! Keep it up!

Well, on the bright side I didn't eat a single thing I didn't enjoy today, and I stayed within my zone proportions as far as protein and carbs. I did have a small bit of delicious ice cream and a very large bit of jalepeno flavored pistachios! The pistachios did me in worse than the ice cream (sodium amount most likely). Good night everyone!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #120
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Today was a bad, bad day. And I drowned it all in dark chocolate and almond butter galore.
Now I am relieving myself of all 'cheats' until Valentine's day.
The challenge starts now.

(view my food blog for more info)