CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #101
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:
Re: New WOD Recording Tool Just Launched/Beyond the Whiteboard (threads merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Armbruster View Post
Will the chart post the failed attempt as max, or the highest successful attempt?
They will show the highest successful attempt
Old 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #102
Brett Dartt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Armbruster View Post
The new updates to the site look great!

I had a failed attempt at the PJ's today. I wound up using the (DNF) selection for that one round, but is there a better way to record a failed attempt?

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but when I put in the weight I faild at along with changing the PJ to (DNF), it plotted that weight as my max effort. So I had to delete the post, and put in a blank score with the DNF and posted the failed weight in the comments.
x2 i just leave failed at 0. i absolutely love this tool but i do have 1 teency thing to bring up. i dont know if anyone else has said it but when i go to benchmarks it just says my last squat or whatever weight regardless of whether it was 3x5 or 7x1 or whatever i did last. so when i go in there its always inaccurate to what im looking for.

but seriously thank you for this tool. my affiliate uses it as well and i love it more and more everytime i use it
Old 03-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #103
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Dartt View Post
x2 i just leave failed at 0. i absolutely love this tool but i do have 1 teency thing to bring up. i dont know if anyone else has said it but when i go to benchmarks it just says my last squat or whatever weight regardless of whether it was 3x5 or 7x1 or whatever i did last. so when i go in there its always inaccurate to what im looking for.

but seriously thank you for this tool. my affiliate uses it as well and i love it more and more everytime i use it
The Benchmarks section is for you and other people to see your PRs. So the Back Squat will show the heaviest back squat you've ever posted, whether it be from a 5RM or a 1RM. We are very close to releasing a much more comprehensive Benchmarks section.

Currently, for your gym's WOD, the site will show you your previous result if you've posted for that workout before. We are working on making it a lot easier to see previous results for any workout.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #104
Geoff Spakes

Profile:

Hey Jonathan, quick feature request here...like you probably don't have enough already! :-)

Anyway, I can't always follow the mainsite WOD due to equipment needs, etc. so me and my workout partner will browse through other posted workouts and pick one for our WOD. It'd be nice to be able to see a list of workouts entered for the previous week or perhaps a list in reverse chronological order. That would make it easy to browse through the new ones and bookmark ones that you'd like to do at some point.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #105
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Jonathan,

Great site. Thanks so much. The affiliate I train at and a number of our members just joined.

Kick Evan in the *** for me. I'm not tall enough...

Ryan
Old 03-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #106
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Spakes View Post
Hey Jonathan, quick feature request here...like you probably don't have enough already! :-)

Anyway, I can't always follow the mainsite WOD due to equipment needs, etc. so me and my workout partner will browse through other posted workouts and pick one for our WOD. It'd be nice to be able to see a list of workouts entered for the previous week or perhaps a list in reverse chronological order. That would make it easy to browse through the new ones and bookmark ones that you'd like to do at some point.
We may have that functionality somewhere already, I'll look into it.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #107
Kurt Armbruster

Profile:

Hey guys,

I stumbled across the new "Custom Workout" functionality, and input the WOD from last night's class.

It worked awesome!

But I've encountered a PEBKAC error, as I can't find how to do it again for other WODs we've done!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #108
William Mahoney

Profile:

when i click on profile to view my own profile a box comes up that says "internet explorer can not open this site" i have never seen this on any other site before. also last week i was able to view my profile but when i clicked on the WOD to view my standings compared to others the same caption came up.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #109
Damien Stewart

Profile:
Smile Re: New WOD Recording Tool Just Launched/Beyond the Whiteboard (threads merged)

Hey there,

Been using BTW here at CrossFit Sydney and it's gaining momentum with most of our regular members posting multiple results per day now!

Being Aussies, we love our SI units The only exception really is the weight for wall balls which we still use pounds.

Yes, we can log our lifts in kgs, but the graphs show everything in pounds Maybe the graph units can be set as an option is users' profiles?

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Damien.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #110
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Been using BTWB for about four months now, it's a fantastic tool! The addition of the meal log is also great.

If this has already been mentioned, I apologize, I missed it in the thread; are there plans to include the degree of ranking specificity (age groups, number of workouts per week, etc.) by which results for a gym can be sorted to the results sorting for the entire site? Because that would be fan-f!@#ing-tastic.