CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 09-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Matt Everhart

Profile:
Any Wichita, KS Crossfit Certs out there?

I'm trying to get into the Ft. Worth Cert I course here in January. I just wanted to know if there were any Crossfit Certified people in or around Wichita, KS out there?

If there are, I would really enjoy talking with you about possibly working together!

My group has two trainers (both military certified, but not crossfit) and we desperately need a third in order to expand our capabilities.

Thanks in advance!
Matt Everhart
Blackhawk Fitness
http://bhfit.com
Old 09-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Matt Everhart

Profile:
Re: Any Wichita, KS Crossfit Certs out there?

I apologize, I didn't take the time to see that there was a section specifically tailored for finding Crossfit people.

Could one of the Admins please delete this thread??
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Jonathan Moomey

Profile:

I apologize for not fitting the criteria of being certified, but I was so excited to see ANY other CF'er from Kansas! I live in Emporia, but I am in Wichita at least twice a month visiting family...Is there a specific CF center there yet or are you working to be the first?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
Steve Atkinson

Profile:

Hey Matt, I started trying to do the wod's June, I would love to have someome to work out with. I'm at 21st N. & 127th E. cell # 651-6783.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Matt Everhart

Profile:

Thanks for the replies guys! Steve, it was great talking with you the other day. I'm serious about going in with you on some equipment. Not to speak for him, but I'm pretty sure both of us would be psyched to find another partner to workout with.

As I mentioned on the phone, we're hoping to find another TRAINER too for our bootcamp fitness classes; so if you decide you're interested there, please let me know.

~Matt
Blackhawk Fitness
http://www.bhfit.com
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Matt Everhart

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Moomey View Post
I apologize for not fitting the criteria of being certified, but I was so excited to see ANY other CF'er from Kansas! I live in Emporia, but I am in Wichita at least twice a month visiting family...Is there a specific CF center there yet or are you working to be the first?
We're going to be the first once we get to that point. It's a matter of finding a good property and getting the CLASSES to the point where they're self-sufficient.

Right now, we're not even doing CF WODs, we're working out according to Army standards of resisted and partner assisted exercises. Those classes are hopefully going to fuel future endeavors. We ARE going to have to find some place pretty if for no other reason that due to the weather! I'm going to lose half the class if we can't at least start indoors

Anyway...looking forward to meeting you guys and killing ourselves on the Crossfit WODs!!

Matt Everhart
Blackhawk Fitness
http://www.bhfit.com
Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
Brent Hilton

Profile:

Fellow Wichita CF-er here ... Matt, I'm on the waiting list for the Fort Worth Cert I on March 1-2. I'm waiting to here back. If I can't get into this one, I'll have to try to get out to the Charlotte one in May.

CrossFit is definately not for everyone, but the ones it is for ... they live and breathe this stuff! I feel that Wichita will embrace it just like other cities have. I've got about 3 other individuals on board and doing the WOD with me at the Y.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Willie Tucker

Profile:

I'm new to Crossfit and am looking for someone to work with. Which Y do you go to Brent? Are you doing workouts still, Matt?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Dustin Stalter

Profile:

I am an avid CrossFitter here in Wichita. I am with the Marine Corps I&I staff on the south side (right beside the back gate of McConnell). We happen to have our own gym here on-site so it really makes it convenient to do the WOD. If anyone needs a place to work out on the weekends give me a call and maybe we can work something out. 316-293-6002

I have heard some of the Ys and Genisis frown upon some of the exercises we do. Have any of you experienced this treatment?

S/F,
Dustin
Old 03-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
Willie Tucker

Profile:

I haven't had any problems at the NW or W Y. I work on base so most of my workouts are at the base gym.