CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Anyone in Gulf breeze or Pensacola, Navarre area want to come work-out with our group, just call 850-341-8053 we have "alot of equiptment" and are able to do about 90% of the W.O.D.

Joey & Anabel
Old 04-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Will Nuse

Profile:
Joey, I saw your other post on the thread I started. I'll give you a ring tomorrow and we'll figure something out. I may not be able to do elements of the workout, though (broke my fibula almost three months ago; still babying it so I don't refracture it, then have to get surgery and get kicked out of the Navy). We'll figure it out.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Will,
Thanks for coming buy to W.O. with us this evening, you sure picked a hard day to start, doing filthy 50s But you did a great job, I would suggest we scale your workouts for a little while to allow you to conqeur them and move up the scale this stuff is great and your results will show it shortly.

ALSO anyone else in the Pensacola area (or vacationing or just passing thru) is more than welcome to join us for the W.O.D. call us at 850-341-8053 for times and directions
Joey McIninch & Anabel Sears
Team Emerald Coast
Old 04-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Will Nuse

Profile:
Joey,
Thanks for having me--I had a great time even if I did meet Pukie towards the end. I'm with you on scaling the WOD next time.

Will
Old 05-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Well, I am learning the value in not pushing newbies too hard, I think we lost a workout partner due to that, I guess It is kind of niave to expect a new person to do the filthy fifties on their first workout without drastically scaling the workout to "beginner levels" I just need to think back to the first time I did these and realize that MOST people (including myself in the beginning and on some workouts even now) Cannot do the WOD w/o some serious subs or scaling. Will, it was great having you, IF you decide to come back, rest assured I will coach moderation on your part until YOU feel ready to push yourself. You are welcome to join us anytime for the WODs! That goes for anyone else in the area or visiting CrossFitters. (Pensacola Florida area) 850-341-8053 Joey & Anabel
Team Emerald Coast
Old 05-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Still looking for people to come play in our area, We may be moving to the Ft. Walton Beach area around Eglin AFB to actually start an affiliate. Thoughts? Suggestions??
Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
Will Nuse

Profile:
Joey, just wanted to chime in here: you've only lost me for the moment. I'm taking it easy right now because I was having some fairly significant Achilles/foot pain, and I was actually afraid I'd done something to it somehow during the filthy fifties. I've got an ortho appointment on Monday and he'll let me know if I can return to full athletic capacity (jumping, running--slowly, probably--etc.). Until then I'm going to take it easy, and after that I'll probably start doing the beginner's workout so I get myself into the swing of things a little more gradually.

I pushed myself too hard; I thought about halving the numbers but I decided to see what would happen, so I indirectly decided to meet Pukie the first time out. Not your fault at all.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Great to hear Will, I am glad to see I didn't run you off, Let me know how the Doctor's visit goes. We will be moving everything to Anabel's house in the next week or so, but it will be down on a rest day. joey
Old 05-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
Will Nuse

Profile:
Joey, the doc says as long as I don't do anything incredibly stupid (i.e., pretend I know parkour and start jumping off of buildings, etc.), I should be fine to resume unrestricted athletic activity, so I'm going after Cindy tomorrow on base after work (but not too hard).

I'll give you a call on the days when I can't do the WOD with what I have on base, if that's okay with you. Have you moved everything to Anabel's yet or is everything still at your place?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #10
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Will, the stuff will be moved for Saturdays WOD. I have to paint the freakin place on Sat and Sunday :-(