CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Don Stevenson

Profile:
After Weightlifting this morning the coach asked me to see him in the office for a chat.

My first thought was "Ahhh crap what have i done" as he is rather intense, even by my standards:blush:

Anyway he explained that his entire coaching staff is going to Melbourne for the Commonwealth games in March and he needed someone to fill in for him running some weightlifting classes for a local high school. It will be for a month at first but probably ongoing as the coach is busy with coaching the national lifters and such.

So now i've got a once a week gig teaching 10-15 high school guys how to lift in a facility with 8 platforms and plenty of gear.

Apparently they can be a bit obnoxious but i figure i'll throw them some CF circuits and challenge them a bit and then punish any serious infractions with group B2B tabata squats.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
Joseph Hart

Profile:
You are an evil man, but in a good way.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Don - What an opportunity. Yes, HS kids have attention spans rivaled in their briefness only by electron orbit times, atomic reactions and Annie's squat cycle time. Challenge them and show them videos of the nasty girls. They won't like being completely outdone by women. You have an opportunity to change a lot of minds about what exercise is all about. You are going to have a great time and influence a lot of people. I envy you.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
Andrew Cattermole

Profile:
Don,
Nice One
Sounds a good time to ask about the grant for a New Gym:wink:
Old 01-25-2006, 12:24 AM   #5
Stephen Reeks

Profile:
Thats awesome Don.
this is the beginning of big things
Old 01-25-2006, 03:42 AM   #6
Simon Callander

Profile:

ahh so thats what it was about, nice work Don, B2B tabata's had better be done with overhead snatch work, just tell them to "get comfortable" as they say.
ive recently been asked to do similar with the local cults rugby teams, hehe repeated spints are fun!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:50 AM   #7
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Hehe, I seriously though i was going to get an *** tearing but couldn't figure out what i could possibly have done wrong!

Are you training the rugby team at Burwood or out where they train?

B2B tabata with a bar in OHS, that would bite the big one, i might even have to try it!

You know after that horrid circuit this morning Luke had me doing singles of SN and C+J this afternoon to determine my starting weights for the comp and of course i got buried by some really pathetic weights!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:59 AM   #8
Simon Callander

Profile:

hahaha yeah i was wondering when he would try and do that, i expect ill get that treatment of friday morning. as to the rugby team, i have an out door session with them on tues day in concord, and a gym sessions in five dock, nice and convienent since i already work there. but this might get moved to concord oval if they manage to get an agree ment with the tigers
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
Karl Geissler

Profile:
Don-

I do not believe that you and I have ever corresponded before, but I want to commend you for taking on the challenge. There is documented research that childhood and teen-age obesity is a problem, and the government is trying as many avenues as possible to combat it. Just that fact that you are at a particular school, and introducing the crossfit protocol is great. Keep it up, and let me know if I can be of any help. Just played a game of 2 on 2 med-ball ultimate the other night that just tanked the nervous system.