CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
Benji Whitehead

Profile:
i'm making the transition back to crossfit, starting at the new year. i was doing more crossfit workouts about a year ago, but then got back to the more old school routine. it wasn't that bad, mostly focusing on dips, pullups, squats, deadlifts, etc. for the past couple of months i was doing westside for skinny bastards and enjoying it.
on the wednesday before Christmas i injured my back doing box squats with 265 lbs. i let the arch out of my back a few times. i was doing a 'rocking box squat' which i've since learned is a recipe for disaster. my back hurt so bad later in the day that i could hardly walk. it was that bad for a few days. eventually i went to a chiro and he has been helping me get back to normal. since then, i've decided to get back into crossfit, and get dedicated in crossfit. last week was the first time i've worked out since the injury. i did the crossfit warmup x3 on tuesday, thursday, and saturday. on wednesday and friday i rowed on the concept 2 for 20 minutes and did lots of stretches. my chiro says i have excessive lordosis, so i've been doing a lot of deadbug excercises and ab work. i'll keep doing the cfwu until i feel like i can handle the wod's, scaling as necessary
i guess the point of my post is that i'm going to do crossfit from now on, mainly for the health aspects of it. i just feel that crossfit will be the healthiest way to workout for me. i don't need to be the worlds strongest man or anything like that. i just want to be as healthy as i can and prevent any future injuries.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Daniel Fannin

Profile:
Welcome back!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Great, take it slow!