CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
But I will be the next to say thank you to Lincoln for your plyo-box wisdom! Your instructions are perfect.

Original post w/f/s: http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/14917.html

I played hooky today as I had plyo-box on my mind. I looked at Lincolns post several months ago, and although my Dad is an incredible woodworker, the incredible woodworker gene stopped with him. I didn't think there was a chance in hell I could make this thing. I gave up and decided I would just buy one.

Well, yesterday I re-read the post, and as much as I thought making a cardboard mock-up was a waste of time, it was what made it all make sense. Thanks Lincoln! The box is essentially the same, the only difference is that I cut the sides of the base pieces at a 45 degree angle. The 10 degree angle was perfect for the tops and bottoms and it went together without a hitch. I am still trying to figure out if I want to paint it, or give it a clear finish. I also got a sheet of vinyl rubber for grip on the top after I paint it. Nice!

This is almost the last piece I need to finish my garage jungle gym, stoked I am. Couple KB's and I am done!

4X8 Sheet of AC Pine Plywood - $34
Bottle of carpenters wood glue - $2
Box of 100 1 1/2 Wood screws (55 left) - $6
Sheet of vinyl rubber - $2
New blade for the skill saw - $17

Lincolns instructions, my New Plyo-box, and all that it can be used for? PRICELESS!http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/39726.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/39727.jpg
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Kevin Timmons

Profile:
This is long over due, but Bryan since you started it, I will say thanks as well. Me and a friend of mine built a 20" box back in November and it is extremely useful(and the intrustions are perfect). My gym on campus doesn't have anything to jump on, so you should see the looks I get when I carry that thing in there. Just recently I was asked to not bring it back. Being in trouble at the gym? Thats just a sure sign that you are really crossfitting.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
I guess I am lucky enough to have it and everything else just outside my front door in the garage. I couldn't imagine lugging this thing around with me to a place to get in my pain! Hopefully you find a good place close by that is plyo-friendly!

A friend of mine and I have debating building this thing for weeks. He happened to be out of town this week, and I got a bug up my, yup, to do it. So I did it. I think we will build another for him when he gets back in town. I am positive his will look much better than mine since I have it figured out now. Oh well, mine is still like a rock, and functions perfectly.

For others out there like me who debated, stop, and build. Well worth the time and brain damage trying to figure it out!

Jump!