CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Last weekend I was at a strength coaches conference and one of the trade show exhibitors was giving out trial versions of some software called "Visual Coaching Pro"

So being a sucker for a freebie I got a copy and brought it home.

Basically the software has a library of 6500 exercises including kettlebells stuff, olympic lifting, bodyweight, tyres, sandbags, bands, cardio, swimming and stuff like stretches and massage linked to a really good search engine that allows you to search by muscle group, joint action, equipment, name etc etc

From the exercise library you can access short videos of each exercise (some are good but in others the form is a bit off), anatomy info and tips for performing the exercise.

You can then drag and drop exercises into a bunch of templates for simple and advanced strength programs and more freestyle conditioning programs.

Once you have a program written up you can PDF it and email it people or print it out.

If you are a coach you can email the program out to your athletes who can view the program on a cut down version of the software and they have access to all the little videos!

I do lots of S+C programs by email to people in other states so i'm really excited about this function.

At the advanced level people can then enter their workout results and email them back to you for analysis on the master software!

I've attached PDF which shows one workout in an advanced program incorporating some O lift ME work and a CF girl. Keep in mind that an athlete with the reader software will be able to click on the exercise photos to get a video or the blue hyperlinks in the conditioning program.

If you want a trial copy you can get one from www.visualcoaching.com

The full version is $900AU for a 12 month license and the reader is $79

I'm not getting anything out of these guys (in fact i'm buying the full license when the trial expires), I just thought it was a cool bit of tech that some coaches might want to know about
Old 11-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Here is the PDF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pukie.pdf (39.1 KB, 323 views)
Old 12-01-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
Thanks Don....have you ever tried www.fitnessgenerator.com ? I was just curious at the comparison and pros/cons.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:12 AM   #4
Don Stevenson

Profile:
I haven't used fitness generator although i've got some of Ryan Lee's marketing stuff and it's pretty good.

From what I can see the Visual coaching software may have the edge in it's ability to conduct detailed analysis of athletic training where fitness generator is more PT focused but again, having not used both I can't really comment.