CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 04-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
David Gessen

Profile:
Re: Squat form critique

ok, so I need to:

1. Sit back as much as possible.
2. When coming out of the hole - Chest up.
3. When coming out of the hole - push those knees outward.
4. Incorporate front squats to the Tuesday's workout.
5. Stay with this weight for the next workout.

I got it all covered, right?

Last edited by David Gessen : 04-18-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #12
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

You forgot buying Starting Strength. There's more good info on the squat in there than you could imagine possible.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
David Gessen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
You forgot buying Starting Strength. There's more good info on the squat in there than you could imagine possible.
I know, but my parents(i'm 15) do not have an international visa to buy stuff from abroad.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #14
Tom Fetter

Profile:

Either your parents don't want to buy the book for you ... or you've been trying, yourself, to find a "legit" reason to not get it.

Whichever - both reasons you've given in the past few weeks for not buying SS are bogus. The exhorbitant shipping and tax costs to import it to Israel turned out to be imaginary. So is this bit about needing an "international" Visa card.

There's no such thing. I've used an ordinary Visa card from a Canadian bank to buy stuff off 3 continents. Your parents' Visa card works the same way.

Maybe for some reason they don't want to buy you the book? Or maybe you don't want to really ask them?

If you want the book, and they won't get it for you ... take your OWN money, in whatever currency strikes your fancy, to a local bank. Get it exchanged into a US dollars bank draft for the right amount, and send it to Rip's outfit by ordinary mail.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #15
Brian Wilson

Profile:

David, I really think it would be helpful for us to critique you is you filmed yourself doing air squats. Keep the same points that everyone brought up in mind. But I'm concerned about the rounding in your back and torso angle in the ascent. Obviously your knees coming in is an issue as well, this has to do with muscular imbalance as much as "concentrating" on keeping them out (which is also necessary).

Film some air squats, say 50 to 75 straight. If we have that then we can tell if you need to go back to working on that or if you just had too heavy a load.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:30 AM   #16
David Gessen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Fetter View Post
Either your parents don't want to buy the book for you ... or you've been trying, yourself, to find a "legit" reason to not get it.

Whichever - both reasons you've given in the past few weeks for not buying SS are bogus. The exhorbitant shipping and tax costs to import it to Israel turned out to be imaginary. So is this bit about needing an "international" Visa card.

There's no such thing. I've used an ordinary Visa card from a Canadian bank to buy stuff off 3 continents. Your parents' Visa card works the same way.

Maybe for some reason they don't want to buy you the book? Or maybe you don't want to really ask them?

If you want the book, and they won't get it for you ... take your OWN money, in whatever currency strikes your fancy, to a local bank. Get it exchanged into a US dollars bank draft for the right amount, and send it to Rip's outfit by ordinary mail.
I didn't know Rip is taking cash, and didn't know Rip is sending stuff to abroad.
If this is the case then I'll order it right away.

No, sorry.
I've just checked, in rip's site there is a field which you choose your State/Province. I don't see Israel in there.
I'll check amazon.

Last edited by David Gessen : 04-19-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
Tom Fetter

Profile:

On ************s, Rip recently had an exchange with a person in Australia, to whom he had sold and shipped the books. Rip commented that they sell, and ship, all over the world.

T

Last edited by Tom Fetter : 04-19-2008 at 09:33 AM.