CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Matt Hunt

Profile:
Yes....the 5-Day Business Seminar is worth it!

Sorry for the late response to everyone's postings regarding the 5-Day Seminar held at Sonz Decatur (in the Atlanta area).

Yes it is real! And it was posted on April fools day, not as a joke, it was just a timing issue.

Without elaborating on what you will get, and in all fairness to everyone involved in this seminar, which has been years in the making, please preview the "Pamela Macelree interviews Matt Hunter" (should be Matt Hunt) series of videos first, then secondly, please go to the "What is CrossFit" tab on the left side of the main page, fourth button down and click on it. Scroll down the page to the last 3 movies of "Opportunities for Trainers" and watch them.

To answer the question of "Is it Worth $5000?".......Yes point blank! And for 2 reasons:
-It is our deeply held belief that trainers are in this business to serve the clients first. They do this through education, and delivering 100% of the time "greater" expectations than the customer had. In plain terms far surpassing the customers expectations.
-We also believe that a trainer who is making the plunge to do this to provide his/her family with income, should understand what business is all about.

I realize many are not "clear" on what they are receiving, but in a nutshell, you are getting:
-A complete system for how to open your center, with clients, from day one, as a legitimate business, with all the systems possible. Including templates for Contracts, how to handle sales calls, handle hiring and what to look for in new-hires so you don't screw it up, and just far too much to mention here.

In other (dirty) words, a completed replicated system that makes your center not only appear professional, but ensures you will deliver that professionalism to the customer.

If you say it's not worth it....who am I to argue? If you think we are overcharging, ask one of our franchise owners what he paid for his/her center. Ask them how much they generate in revenue? Ask them if they love their business and if they honestly would have survived with a small thinking mentality?

If you're still doubtful, I will make you this guarantee. Come to the seminar. If you don't get your $5,000 return in 60-days....I will fully refund your money! In fact, we are going to teach you how to increase your income from CrossFit the day you leave and YES, we are going to make you obligate because we are going to Measure It, Observe It, and then have you Repeat It....just like Coach teaches on any CF movement!

I understand healthy skepticism and even encourage it, but making false statements about what we have worked so hard to create for 21-years really irks me...especially when it took almost 3-years to convince COACH, and the HQ Staff of how hard we really work at what we do.

I am first and foremost a CrossFitter, a businessman secondly. I am not ashamed of that. And I will defend myself and Andy Petranek as he's doing a similar seminar. We are both here to HELP the CrossFit community!
If you cannot afford it, then call me (404.513.1763) and we will do our very best to help you. But we take the business side of this equally as serious as we do the exercise side of this.

Our 9 successful/profitable centers change peoples lives, and make the owners a fantastic lifestyle with great income. If your business currently does not do that, then consider what we have to offer. You spent $1,000 on learning your level one cert, now spend $5k on learning what mistakes not to make for your future livelihood. I can tell you, in 21-years we as a company have spent well over $750,000 on mistakes with no net result.....if someone had offered this to me years ago, I would have jumped all over it.

I sure wish, someone helped me and I had that money back!

It would have saved me lots of headaches, heartaches and plenty of times near financial collapse.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: Yes....the 5-Day Business Seminar is worth it!

Thanks for the clarification, Matt.

I hereby humbly retract my remarks (though I am unable to delete the actual posts) indicating the possibility that these events were some kind of an April Fools Day joke.

No harm intended!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Justin Bacon

Profile:

How often are these going to be held?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Matt Hunt

Profile:

Sean,

Thanks for the apology and I'm sorry for the knee-jerk response.

I laughed at myself after I clicked on the submit button (smoke pouring out of my ears). Just defending the home turf.

I know most folks won't every know or understand all the hard work from years "behind-the-scenes".

I hope they really understand our "passion" for helping others succeed, instead of either barely getting by or even worse....failing.

It took a lot on this to earn Coaches Blessing and respect, and by no means are we going to let him down.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
Matt Hunt

Profile:

They will be held every month.....possibly during the last week of every month.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
Kyle Koenke

Profile:

Matt I think you have nailed it. I have never met you but from the videos and checking out your other sites with SONZ you have taken the best workout regimen in my opinion and applied the business side. I can imagine the years you have spent putting this together. This is truly a revolution and you along with cross fit will be leading the way.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
H. Giovanni Salazar

Profile:

Great information Matt. Really appreciate where you are coming from and looking forward to one day getting in on one of those Seminars. Budget is key.

Thank you again.