CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #551
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:
Re: You Know You CrossFit Too Much When...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Norris View Post
I think he may have been refering to his time in America not Switzerland

I never ever train in a shirt and very very rarely wear a shirt in normal life. The exception to this is back squatting.

Doing a WOD over here in a tin shed in 30+ degree heat with no wind = sweating like a hooker in confession. Seriously you are sweating so much you can barely grip the bar. The last thing you want is more clothing!
Very rarely wear a shirt in normal life? :O

I work out in a prett warm place in Spain. During Summer it reaches 40 degrees (celsius), and I still don't take my shirt off. Maybe I'm just a modest guy, and see shirtless dudes working out as a weird thing
Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #552
Ben Norris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances Ballesteros View Post
Very rarely wear a shirt in normal life? :O

I work out in a prett warm place in Spain. During Summer it reaches 40 degrees (celsius), and I still don't take my shirt off. Maybe I'm just a modest guy, and see shirtless dudes working out as a weird thing
David, HAHA

Frances, I think in Australia our culture is different. We are a very laid back society and we are nowhere near as concered with personal apperance as some european countries like Sweden.

Wearing thongs and boardies and a singlet to go to the shops is not unusual over here
Old 11-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #553
Renata Speranza

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances Ballesteros View Post
I thought Mr. Universe models were just models not bodybuilders, or is this a different thing.

Another thing, have you ever been to Switzerland? I used to go to a Globo-gym there (Basel), and the treatment I got was perfect. In all seriousness, there are many kinds of Globo-gyms, just like there are many types of CF gyms. How do you know his gym isn't nice?
Frances, I live in Switzerland. I know, how it is here.... there are nice globo-gyms and others.... like there are probably nice CF-boxes and others...

Mr. Universe is that kind of Bodybuilder-Event, that got Arnold Schwarzenegger popular.... so really pumped muscles... not Models!

I didn't mean to say, his gym is not nice (I saw it in TV and it's huge, shiny, empty of people.... and full of machines...probably now he's got some more customers, because he's Mr. Universe...) ....but I found it ridiculous, that he was so f***ing shocked about people not wearing a T-Shirt and working out nonetheless. And what made me even more angry is, that he connected that to "all shirtless people dropping weights are kind of stupid and impolite".

As usual, this might be true to some extent...but on the other hand, there are shirt-wearing, steroid-pumped idiots out there too.... so why say something like that on a TV-coverage??

By the way.... yesterday I sent some feedback to the TV-Station and told them, that the other side of the medal would be CrossFit then... ha ha ha.... and they should also bring a coverage on that...so just to show people, that we're polite people too even though some might not always wear a shirt.... I never thought, I'd get a reply... but not even 30 minutes later one wrote back saying, they'd consider this theme on their next meeting!

3, 2, 1....GO.....

and by the way.... I am a tolerant person... I don't care, if you wear a shirt or not during your workout.... so it just p***es me off, that they put all in the same pot...
Old 11-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #554
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
David, HAHA

Frances, I think in Australia our culture is different. We are a very laid back society and we are nowhere near as concered with personal apperance as some european countries like Sweden.

Wearing thongs and boardies and a singlet to go to the shops is not unusual over here
Not unusual here either. But, generally, you still don't take your shirt off in a gym.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #555
Ben Norris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
Not unusual here either. But, generally, you still don't take your shirt off in a gym.
I dont think ANYBODY over here takes their shirt off in a Globo, EVER. Crossfit is a different story though.

In Crossfit gyms over here when the WOD starts shirts come off. I mean I am sitting here at 9 oclock in the morning and am sweating a bit just typing this
Old 11-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #556
Dave Traeger

Profile:

We had 'Shirts Off Saturday' at the cf box i go to, which then morphed into 'Shirts off [insert today here]'. Not very many participate though.

I'm not participating until the female members do.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #557
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
I think he may have been refering to his time in America not Switzerland

I never ever train in a shirt and very very rarely wear a shirt in normal life. The exception to this is back squatting.

Doing a WOD over here in a tin shed in 30+ degree heat with no wind = sweating like a hooker in confession. Seriously you are sweating so much you can barely grip the bar. The last thing you want is more clothing!
I am with you Ben, I would rather be with out a shirt in normal life and see it as a good day if i did'nt have to put a shirt on at all.

I do'nt wear a shirt to workout 99% of the time. If it is cold enough I will wear one, but if I get to sweating to much it is gone. As a kid I neve wore one, grew up that way.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #558
Keith Martin

Profile:

You do a pistol nearly every time you get out of your office chair.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #559
Erin Hightower

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I am with you Ben, I would rather be with out a shirt in normal life and see it as a good day if i did'nt have to put a shirt on at all.

I do'nt wear a shirt to workout 99% of the time. If it is cold enough I will wear one, but if I get to sweating to much it is gone. As a kid I neve wore one, grew up that way.
People pay me to leave my shirt on
Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #560
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Hightower View Post
People pay me to leave my shirt on
There are so many things I could say right now about this.