CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #51
Christopher Delgado

Profile:
Re: WOD Playlists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
But, in the end it was worth it...

Because I am listening to Eazy-E "Real Muthaph***in' G's" right now...

Tamara,

Are you a "Real Muthaph***in' G? Oh and I thought of you last night while I was doing ring dips (viz a viz your comment in the girl power thread ).

So does anyone like the iTunes essentials collections? I think they are much better than the typical "Greatest Hits" albums. I bought the Social Distortion - Basics and Alice in Chains - Basics and Im very happy with them.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #52
Justin Metts

Profile:

If you're into Social D check out the band sponge. Specifically the song "plowed"
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #53
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Delgado View Post
Tamara,

Are you a "Real Muthaph***in' G? Oh and I thought of you last night while I was doing ring dips (viz a viz your comment in the girl power thread ).
Indeed I am Christopher . I told Eric Lester that I was having an Eazy-E morning, and he didn't know what I was talking about...no idea who Eazy-E was. I told him I can no longer be his friend, which is a shame considering he is supposed to be here on Saturday . Granted, he was 10 years old when Eazy-E died, but I was like...um, NWA? Ice Cube? Dr. Dre? Please, tell me you know what I'm talking about!

Mmmm, shirtless men doing ring dips...check out the pic and my comment under the WOD on our affiliate's website today - WFS, www.crossfitasheville.com. My outdoor playground is under construction right now, 3 huge 6x6s in the ground and new Rogue rings with MARPAT straps ready to be hung as soon as the bars are set. I am totally having a no-shirts-on-the-rings rule at MY house . Pic below. I'll have pics of the entire process when it's done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Three_Posts_2.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	5075  

Last edited by Tamara Cohen : 09-09-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #54
Christopher Delgado

Profile:

Quote:
Indeed I am Christopher . I told Eric Lester that I was having an Eazy-E morning, and he didn't know what I was talking about...no idea who Eazy-E was. I told him I can no longer be his friend, which is a shame considering he is supposed to be here on Saturday . Granted, he was 10 years old when Eazy-E died, but I was like...um, NWA? Ice Cube? Dr. Dre? Please, tell me you know what I'm talking about!

Mmmm, shirtless men doing ring dips...check out the pic and my comment under the WOD on our affiliate's website today - WFS, www.crossfitasheville.com. My outdoor playground is under construction right now, 3 huge 6x6s in the ground and new Rogue rings with MARPAT straps ready to be hung as soon as the bars are set. I am totally having a no-shirts-on-the-rings rule at MY house . Pic below. I'll have pics of the entire process when it's done.
You are a trip. Actually, your comment on your affiliate site was really heavy stuff. I happen to agree completely with you, esp. on how it keeps my state of mind in much better condition. Good stuff. The playground looks good so far, even if you did link a really tiny pic.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #55
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
You are a trip. Actually, your comment on your affiliate site was really heavy stuff. I happen to agree completely with you, esp. on how it keeps my state of mind in much better condition. Good stuff. The playground looks good so far, even if you did link a really tiny pic.
Nice...I like how you flowed so smoothly from that compliment into a little jab about my photo . The pic is so tiny because the guy who is building everything (fellow CFer) took it with his phone. I will get out there and take pics with my digital camera. I have a lot of experience taking pics given how many I take of myself .

And, BTW, you need to get on those ladies' CrossFit Slayer shirts already. I'm surely not wearing a CF shirt unless it's tight enough to show off my hard work .

Oh, and to make a comment relevant to the thread...Royce da 5'9 "No Way to Stop Me" is really growing on me...
Old 09-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #56
Christopher Delgado

Profile:

Quote:
Nice...I like how you flowed so smoothly from that compliment into a little jab about my photo . The pic is so tiny because the guy who is building everything (fellow CFer) took it with his phone. I will get out there and take pics with my digital camera. I have a lot of experience taking pics given how many I take of myself .

And, BTW, you need to get on those ladies' CrossFit Slayer shirts already. I'm surely not wearing a CF shirt unless it's tight enough to show off my hard work .

Oh, and to make a comment relevant to the thread...Royce da 5'9 "No Way to Stop Me" is really growing on me...
Tamara,

Ladies shirts are in the works. I'll let you all know as soon as they are ready. But you have to post a picture wearing one.

So I used to like rap a lot in high school but Ive kind of gotten away from it. Tell me some stuff to listen to so I like it again.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #57
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Tamara,

Ladies shirts are in the works. I'll let you all know as soon as they are ready. But you have to post a picture wearing one.

So I used to like rap a lot in high school but Ive kind of gotten away from it. Tell me some stuff to listen to so I like it again.
Yeah, um, you know I don't have a problem taking pics. I'll definitely take one wearing the Slayer shirt. Here are two that I took today of my new bikini. I would just post them on Facebook, but I'm on a self-imposed Facebook ban until Saturday. I went bikini shopping with my coach on Friday because she was going to Charleston for the weekend. It's September in Asheville, and all the pools closed after Labor Day, so you would think a bikini isn't useful...but, this is wrong. I bought it with the specific purpose of having a bikini, boardshort, and beer party at my house when my outdoor gym is complete (hopefully, next week when Eric is here...despite his lack of Eazy-E knowledge). So, I took the pics, and then I sat on the couch wearing it while I drank a glass of wine and read Curious George to my kids. I figured I might as well take the dog for a walk in it...my husband was a little worried that our 85 year old neighbor would have a stroke (his wife had one a month ago)...but it was fine. And, since we were grilling, I ate dinner in it as well. So, I'll definitely get my money's worth.

As for music, IMHO, Tupac (anything by him) and Eminem (his new album is awesome) are the two most brilliant rap artists of all time. I'm a huge Snoop fan, and I have been on a big Too Short kick. I'm from Miami, so DJ Khaled and anyone rapping with him, Flo Rida, Rick Ross (not the hugest fan of him), older stuff like 2 Live Crew and Trick Daddy. Some of the newer guys suck, but Kanye is good. Akon and T.I. sing with some great people. I like a lot of different stuff. Benjamin's list on this thread is fantastic if you want a good mix. I just downloaded everything off his list that I didn't already have. So, try the rap stuff from him, but only download the explicit versions of everything:

DMX - Here Comes The Boom
DMX - One More Road To Cross
Beastie Boys - No Sleep To Brooklyn
Beastie Boys - Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Bustah Ryhmes - Woo Hah
Puff Daddy/ Nas - Hate Me Now
Puff Daddy/Biggie - Victory
Rick Ross - Push It
50 Cent - I Get Money
50 Cent - I Stay G'd Up
50 Cent, Eminem - You Don't Know
2 Pac - Hit Em' Up
2 Pac - Hell Raiser
2 Pac - Bring The Pain
2 Pac - God Bless The Dead
2 Pac - Troublesome 96
2 Pac - Still Ballin
Redman - Time 4 Sum Aksion
Dj Khaled - Out Here Grinding
Royce Da 5-9 - Shake This
Nas - Oochie Wally
Nas - Hero
Eminem - Till I Collapse
Eminem - Loose Yourself
Fat Joe / Lil Wayne - Make It Rain
Ghost Face Killah - Run
Jay-Z - 99 Problems
Jay - Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
The Lox - Money Power Respect
Ludacris - Move
Slim Thug - Click Clack
Snowgoons - Raining
Styles P - I Get High
Jadakiss - Why
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept_9_Front.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	5081  Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept_9_Profile.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	5082  

Last edited by Tamara Cohen : 09-09-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #58
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Yeah, um, you know I don't have a problem taking pics. I'll definitely take one wearing the Slayer shirt. Here are two that I took today of my new bikini. I would just post them on Facebook, but I'm on a self-imposed Facebook ban until Saturday. I went bikini shopping with my coach on Friday because she was going to Charleston for the weekend. It's September in Asheville, and all the pools closed after Labor Day, so you would think a bikini isn't useful...but, this is wrong. I bought it with the specific purpose of having a bikini, boardshort, and beer party at my house when my outdoor gym is complete (hopefully, next week when Eric is here...despite his lack of Eazy-E knowledge). So, I took the pics, and then I sat on the couch wearing it while I drank a glass of wine and read Curious George to my kids. I figured I might as well take the dog for a walk in it...my husband was a little worried that our 85 year old neighbor would have a stroke (his wife had one a month ago)...but it was fine. And, since we were grilling, I ate dinner in it as well. So, I'll definitely get my money's worth.

As for music, IMHO, Tupac (anything by him) and Eminem (his new album is awesome) are the two most brilliant rap artists of all time. I'm a huge Snoop fan, and I have been on a big Too Short kick. I'm from Miami, so DJ Khaled and anyone rapping with him, Flo Rida, Rick Ross (not the hugest fan of him), older stuff like 2 Live Crew and Trick Daddy. Some of the newer guys suck, but Kanye is good. Akon and T.I. sing with some great people. I like a lot of different stuff. Benjamin's list on this thread is fantastic if you want a good mix. I just downloaded everything off his list that I didn't already have. So, try the rap stuff from him, but only download the explicit versions of everything:

DMX - Here Comes The Boom
DMX - One More Road To Cross
Beastie Boys - No Sleep To Brooklyn
Beastie Boys - Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Bustah Ryhmes - Woo Hah
Puff Daddy/ Nas - Hate Me Now
Puff Daddy/Biggie - Victory
Rick Ross - Push It
50 Cent - I Get Money
50 Cent - I Stay G'd Up
50 Cent, Eminem - You Don't Know
2 Pac - Hit Em' Up
2 Pac - Hell Raiser
2 Pac - Bring The Pain
2 Pac - God Bless The Dead
2 Pac - Troublesome 96
2 Pac - Still Ballin
Redman - Time 4 Sum Aksion
Dj Khaled - Out Here Grinding
Royce Da 5-9 - Shake This
Nas - Oochie Wally
Nas - Hero
Eminem - Till I Collapse
Eminem - Loose Yourself
Fat Joe / Lil Wayne - Make It Rain
Ghost Face Killah - Run
Jay-Z - 99 Problems
Jay - Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
The Lox - Money Power Respect
Ludacris - Move
Slim Thug - Click Clack
Snowgoons - Raining
Styles P - I Get High
Jadakiss - Why
holy crossfit batman....there was a playlist in this post? haha.

I enjoy alot of rap, but it doesn't make it into all my playlists.....some old school ice cube and NWA always hits the spot though.

Here's a playlist I made for some of our "elite" workouts at CrossFit New England.

Crystal Method - Name of the game
Dio - Rainbow in the dark
House of pain - On point
Ac/Dc - Thunderstruck
Robert Tepper - No easy way out (rocky 4 soundtrack)
Iron Maiden - Bring your daughter to the slaughter
Pantera - Cowboys from hell
Iron Maiden - The trooper
Queensryche - Walk in the shadows
Red hot chili peppers - Higher Ground
Reveille - Take a look around
Tesla - Hang tough
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Bullet Boys - Smooth up in ya
White Zombie - Thunderkiss '65
Van Halen - Man on a mission
Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #59
Justin Metts

Profile:

The new converge album is pretty much a perfect playlist to murder yourself with kettlebells and bumperplates to.

Converge - Axe to fall

edit: not for the old or faint of heart
Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #60
Jon Thorland

Profile:

Converge... Nice call. That main riff on Axe to Fall is ridiculous. I haven't listened to them since You Fail Me. I'll have to get this new album.