CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #11
PBag

Profile:  
Re: Twin Cities, MN

I would love it if someone could point me to at least a good gym in minneapolis (no, not a suburb) to crossfit!

I am from montan and cannot believe that there are more crossfit gyms there than in minnesota. What's the deal with that?

.PB
Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 AM   #12
Tina Dobson

Profile:

There aren't any...there are two and neither are IN Minneapolis. Both are in suburbs...unless there is a new one that popped up in the last month I don't know about. I am with you...I was shocked to discover only two. We are always in the top 5 healthiest/most athletic cities so I was surprised. Yet another reason for me to get the heck out of here!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #13
Juli Peterson

Profile:

Come on guys and gals!!! I drive to EP from Hutchinson!!! Ya'll can drive down crosstown for a wod At least try it for a week and see what it's about. Come on! Gas is below $2 a gallon, now's the time
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #14
Michael Sampson

Profile:

I want to head to the EP CrossFit to check it out, but they never have classes when I can make it. They would have to add some later weekday classes or some afternoon classes on Saturday/Sunday.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #15
Damian Hirtz

Profile:

Or we can just open a new location with over 2,000sf dedicated to just CF and have more equipment and even more equipment!

We are moving into a new space (right behind) our existing space within the next couple of weeks. We plan on adding some really cool classes and expanding the schedule.

Keep checking www.crossfitmn.blogspot.com for updates!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
Kathryn Klaers

Profile:

Looking to open a Crossfit gym in the next few months. Corner of 694 and 35E in Little Canada! Will be connected to a gymnastics facility and tai kwon do studio...plus a huge amount of warehouse space that is not leased right now. We have free use of it.
Will know more details and decisions this next week.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
Michael Sampson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Klaers View Post
Looking to open a Crossfit gym in the next few months. Corner of 694 and 35E in Little Canada! Will be connected to a gymnastics facility and tai kwon do studio...plus a huge amount of warehouse space that is not leased right now. We have free use of it.
Will know more details and decisions this next week.
I work very close to there currently. I mostly train at The Press in Little Canada. Can't wait until you open.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
John Elstad

Profile:

Hi all, I have my own unheated garage gym just west of downtown Minneapolis (Bryn Mawr neighborhood) with the essentials (see below). I've been on again/off again lately and would love to have some others come over to do the WODs with. Ideal workout-mates would be mature, supportive, and easy going. I work at home, so my schedule is pretty flexible. Let me know if you're interested.

John

More about me: I'm M/40/170 and do better on the aerobic WODs than on the heavy lifting ones. My form is pretty good with oly lifting, but I still suck at things like kipping and double-unders.

Equipment: Good oly bar, bumper plates (170kg total), bench press, bench, rings, dumbbells (Power Blocks up to 90# each), GHD, pull-up bar, parallets, jump rope, and C2 rower. All of this (minus the rower) on four rubber stable mats.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #19
John Elstad

Profile:

I just noticed a mistake I made in my post. I only have 90kg (198#) in bumper plates (2x20kg, 15, & 10) plus another 15kg or so in metal plates. I also have a shorter and smaller oly bar that's good for women and those with small hands. The full-size bar weighs 20kg and the smaller one 15kg.

Probably more information than you need, but just in case.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #20
Damian Hirtz

Profile:

Awesome John! Hopefully you will find some people who are unable to make the drive west to workout with you. Misery loves company.

If you are out our way stop in and see us.

Damian
CrossFit Minnesota
www.crossfitmn.com