CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
Steve Sheffar

Profile:
I have been zoning for 7 weeks and have had great success. Feeling good, workouts great, not tired confused etc.... However, recently I have been challanged by my work schedule to eat properly Tuesday and Wednesday. Same on Sat and Sunday I am further challanged by a complicated schedule. So basically I eat perfect zone 3 days a week and so-so the other days.

I do the WOD's 5 on 2 off. what I want to do is IF on Tues and Wed. However, after reading the archives I haven't found any thing that can help me.

I was thinking of eating all my food between 0900hrs and 1600hrs on tues and Wed. Then the other days just eat normal. I workout at 0700hrs for most workouts.

Will this schedule work or will there be issues with not eating at night before bed?

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Jason McCain

Profile:
You can do a search here on the boards. I would be surprised if you didn't find something. Another source is a google search, I assume you've tried this.

www.theperformancemenu.com has a lot of articles on this from an old CF friend Robb Wolf.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Steve Sheffar

Profile:
Thanks I did google too. I appreciate your time and effort to help. Just trying to see if I can do this only two days a week? I want to do it but not if it contridicts the Zone.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Scott Allen Hanson

Profile:
Steve,

I'm no expert, but I have tried IF. I would stop eating in the evening and fast until the following days dinner. It wasn't too bad until mid-afternoon, when I'd get really hungry.

In my understanding of the Zone, IF is completely opposite from the desired avoidance of blood glucose spikes and troughs created by the small, frequent meals advocated in the Zone. Per Sears, your not supposed to go more than 5 hours between meals. I'm more of a paleo-diet person, so I didn't have this hurdle in incorporating IF.

As noted by Jason above, the Performance Menu has a lot of info on IF and also advocate the Zone, but I'm not sure how or if they reconcile the two dietary regimens.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Steve Sheffar

Profile:
I am gonna try it and see what happens. Stop eating at 1500hrs and start after my workout the next day. So fast for 18 hours. see how it goes. May try 24 hours if it goes okay.

Thanks

Steve