CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #41
Max Lambert

Profile:
Re: Kryptonite

AGREED! I love chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
chocolate... chocolate... chocolate

Yesterday I was faced with the most delicious birthday cake known to man (or, to chocolate-loving woman) layers of chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache from a local bakery. I love that cake so damn much i am practically drooling thinking about the leftovers in my fridge.

So chocolate-anything is my kryptonite.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #42
Tom Woodside

Profile:

Taco Bell and Hooters wings. Luckily, I just moved to a fairly small town in Texas and there is no Hooters here and since the Mexican food is so good Taco Bell has pretty much been run out of town. There has to be one here, but I'm not sure where it is.

My consistent "kryptonite" is good, old-fashioned Coca-Cola. I love it. I really wish that I liked Diet Coke, or Coke Zero, or something like that, but I can't stand them. Diet Coke tastes like something they cleaned up off the floor of a chemical plant.

Gimme a delicious red can of the good stuff! So...much...sugar....
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #43
Delita Wright

Profile:

dark chocolate, anything gooey and mexican.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #44
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Chocolate. Nothin' more to say about it!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #45
Liam Dougherty Springer

Profile:

Just got all the ingredients at the grocery store for my nacho day...... tommorow PWO I will consume a massive amount of nachos.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #46
Glenn Beeson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Thompson View Post
Agreed!

In San Diego we have way too many taco shops (with great nachos!)...well actually you can never have too many taco shops
I am personally glad that I am away from San Diego now (but not really) because of all the ~tos taco shops that made eating healthy severely not fun for me (especially Adalbertos; burritos that weight 1lb each easy). Dang I miss the west coast.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #47
Glenn Beeson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woodside View Post
Taco Bell and Hooters wings. Luckily, I just moved to a fairly small town in Texas and there is no Hooters here and since the Mexican food is so good Taco Bell has pretty much been run out of town. There has to be one here, but I'm not sure where it is.

My consistent "kryptonite" is good, old-fashioned Coca-Cola. I love it. I really wish that I liked Diet Coke, or Coke Zero, or something like that, but I can't stand them. Diet Coke tastes like something they cleaned up off the floor of a chemical plant.

Gimme a delicious red can of the good stuff! So...much...sugar....
I am with you on Coke. After two months of nearly no refined sugar, I had a glass of Coke with dinner, thinking a smallish glass would be okay. I nearly hallucinated from the rush and I was certainly jabbering in my own language. My wife put me in a room by myself for a while until my spell wore off. Good times.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #48
Casey Raiford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Beeson View Post
(especially Adalbertos; burritos that weight 1lb each easy). Dang I miss the west coast.
I had totally forgotten about Adalbertos...those are easily the best burritos I ever had.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #49
Glenn Beeson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Raiford View Post
I had totally forgotten about Adalbertos...those are easily the best burritos I ever had.
I've not been back to San Diego since 1998 and I still think of Adalbertos from time to time. I truly do miss that entire area for many reasons; that one little taco shop is one of the biggies. Brown Bag subs is another - across from what used to be NTC. They simply had the best subs there. Probably a good thing I am not there for those two reasons!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #50
Dean Jones

Profile:

Godiva or Dove Chocolate. Ice Cream. Twix. These fabulous shortbread like cookies with a huge dollop of chocolate in the middle that Publix makes. Pizza.

However, I always indulge a little every day to be honest. I have my weekend cheat days where I eat anything... but 6 other days of the week I'll have 1 square of milk chocolate a night. What I do is simply break it up into 4 small pieces and then suck on it (no chewing!) and it lasts a good while and I feel completely satisfied after I'm done... That square of chocolate has only 38 calories and it's worth every bit when it comes to curbing my sweet tooth on diets. I've been able to successfully get down to 160 lbs (I'm 5'9) and lose body fat while indulging like this regularly... It's when I go crazy with Ice cream and those damn publix cookies that I start to jump back up to 180! Haha