CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Zac Stutts

Profile:
Ok Hitemp did not take my order correctly

Monday I ordered 5 pound rubber plates from hi-temp, lady who took my order was a - - - - - and I still have not been charged for the plates and today is friday. If something was wrong with the order, they have my phone number so I don't get why they would not call me except out of sheer laziness.

So I am in the market for some microloading plates, I need 2.5 pounds and 5 pound plates, I would prefer the 5 pounders to be rubber (the hitemp onces are the size of iron 35 pounders and thats why I wanted them) and overall I was quoted $28 including shipping for 4 5 pounders so I need them to be cheap. Can anyone hook me up with some good high quality 2.5 and 5 pounders without me spending alot of money since hitemp can't seem to get their heads out of their you-know-whats?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Paul Findley

Profile:
Re: Ok Hitemp did not take my order correctly

load with iron and move on!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
Zac Stutts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Findley View Post
load with iron and move on!
hook me up with a good company to go with, I don't want to go to Dicks and pick up a crappy 5 pounder that ends up weighing 4
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Paul Findley

Profile:

I just hit the Play-it-Again for a 2nd set of 2.5, whey were $1.25 each (used), if your really worried about accuracy, bring a scale. We also have a couple sets of the blemished ironwoody microloading plates, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 pound. We use all this stuff for our % 1RM lifts.

Last edited by Paul Findley; 11-09-2007 at 10:29 AM..
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
Zac Stutts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Findley View Post
I just hit the Play-it-Again for a 2nd set of 2.5, whey were $1.25 each (used), if your really worried about accuracy, bring a scale. We also have a couple sets of the blemished ironwoody microloading plates, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 pound. We use all this stuff for out % 1RM lifts.
yea I want some of the ironwoody microloading plates but they are out of the blemished sets
Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac Stutts View Post
yea I want some of the ironwoody microloading plates but they are out of the blemished sets
My blems arrived this week, sweet.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
Zac Stutts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cohen View Post
My blems arrived this week, sweet.
im jealous

the moment they put them back on the website im ordering a set but they only have the $40 sets stocked right now
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

I got me a pair of blemished chrome plates, I measured them, they're not exactly spot-on on their weights, which I would've expected them to be closer for such small weights, but typically the pair adds up to the proper number.

It's like the 1/4 lb weights are 3.2 oz, and 4.5 oz or something stupid like that, and the 1 lb ones are like 14.3 oz and 17.3 oz or something weird like that. You can even look at them and tell the difference, some are thicker than their counterpart.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
Tom Fetter

Profile:

Yeah, I'd just take an accurate scale with you when you go to purchase regular, cheap iron plates. If the plates are underweight, leave them ... if they're overweight, grind them down 'till they're exact.

Unless you need the 5 pound plates to be the right height, for technique practice, I think that might be your best bet. And if you do want the height for technique practice, FWIW a home-made "plate" glued together from 2 thicknesses of 3/4" ply is about 5 pounds. You could fine-tune the weight by adding bolts and washers ... or by drilling holes.

Would be much cheaper than store-bought #5 rubber plates, and lots more durable if you drop the bar. And you could have them ... tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
Zac Stutts

Profile:

went to play it again sports, used weights were 30c/pound

i got 2 5's, 2 2.5's for $4.80 including tax, not bad