CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Gym in Monterrey, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McInnes View Post
To correct myself, I should have said the retailers that are apparently receiving preference by crossfit. The equipment providers or manufacturers on the list provided earlier in this thread do not necessarly post here to market their products.

I don't necessarily blame any retailer/supplier/manufacturer for this, but clearly there are different standards on these particular message boards.
I'm certainly not assigning blame, but I will say that it wouldn't surprise me at all if donations of some sort (financial, equipment, time, etc...) from the AFs, Rogues, et. al. of the world have motivated the forum mods to play favorites despite everyone supposedly having to play by the same rules.

I'll stop short of saying that the big boys have behind the scenes requested/demanded that the mods play favorites like this in return for donations, but I will also say that I have seen exactly that happen on other forums. So, it wouldn't shock me at all if that is happening here.

- Mark
Old 11-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #32
Lan Halbert

Profile:

Camille, I too would like to know what the difference is between Alex Keller and Jon Gibson's posts. Than I want an explanation for the banning of the former so in the future I will not make the same mistake.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #33
Joel R Warneke

Profile:

I wanted to bump this thread, because of the content.

Also, because of this thread I decided to place an order with Fringe sport. Last night I received a the order for a Pendlay HD bushing bar for my wife. Fringe was extremely helpful on the phone and the bar arrived with no damage. Plus the shipping was free.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #34
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel R Warneke View Post
Also, because of this thread I decided to place an order with Fringe sport.
Fringe's support, enthusiasm for the community, product selection, and pricing has gotten them added to my vendor-of-choice list. AF and Rogue remain on there, although I will admit that Fringe's location (15-20 mins from me) will probably cause me to consider them first simply because now I can just drive there.

Quote:
Fringe was extremely helpful on the phone and the bar arrived with no damage. Plus the shipping was free.
No surprise there. The Fringe folks are great.

- Mark
Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #35
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

I sent the Kellers a message on Facebook about how we're still talking about them and trying to help them out, even if it is pointless.

Here is Alex's reply:
Quote:
Brad, thanks for the support! It is definitely odd being banned - I still check the boards everyday and am having to tell myself now that there are better things to do with my time, since I cannot help anyone out anymore! No worries though, we will keep on doing our thing!
Alex
FringeSport
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #36
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
I sent the Kellers a message on Facebook about how we're still talking about them and trying to help them out, even if it is pointless.

Here is Alex's reply:
Clearly it is pointless by now. Sad too. I am really disappointed in how the mods have handled this. The two messages from Alex Keller and Jon Gilson were basically identical, but Alex got banned for it while Jon (whom I like and don't blame at all) got not so much as a mild tap on the wrist. Hell, he might have even profited from it.

I look forward to seeing the Fringe folks grow and, in so doing, sending a big "we don't need you" raspberry to their detractors.

- Mark
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
Stephen Hull

Profile:

Bump requesting mod response.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #38
Ricardo Chavana Ramirez

Profile:

Hello Carlos, I live en Monterrey too!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #39
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hull View Post
Bump requesting mod response.
This was Camille's response to me via PM:

Quote:
Sorry, Mark. We don't allow selling on the boards except for people who are basically Old Guard CrossFit. His selling went on way too long-partially our fault for not catching it earlier.
A very short-sighted, disappointing response, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's absolute garbage to blacklist such a reputable, supportive supplier strictly because they are relatively new to the marketplace. It's obvious to me (just as it should be to the mods) that Fringe is highly thought of and treats its customers well. That they won't let Fringe reach out to the OP -- who clearly asked for a local supplier (which Fringe pretty much qualifies as) -- is preposterous to me.

- Mark
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #40
Matt Rossing

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
This was Camille's response to me via PM:

A very short-sighted, disappointing response, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's absolute garbage to blacklist such a reputable, supportive supplier strictly because they are relatively new to the marketplace. It's obvious to me (just as it should be to the mods) that Fringe is highly thought of and treats its customers well. That they won't let Fringe reach out to the OP -- who clearly asked for a local supplier (which Fringe pretty much qualifies as) -- is preposterous to me.

- Mark
Complete bs. Sorry AF and rogue, but I'll be supporting fringe when the need and opportunity arises. VERY disappointed in crossfit right now