CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
Jon Hanover

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Gym in Monterrey, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Case View Post
Camille Lore, several members have what appears to be the same and valid concern as to why Alex was banned, but not Jon? I've used the CF Message board to find, see first hand reviews, and made decisions on whether to purchase from Rogue (did), AF (did) and Fringe Sport (did) based off end user feedback.

How this gets you banned:

Hi Ricardo! XXXXX is in Austin, Texas- we are just an hour North of San Antonio.

You can call us or email sales @

Subsequent Post: Ricardo, yes we do! Let's take this to email and off the forums- sales at NO

But this doesn't:
Ricardo,

We ship to Mexico quite often, and can help you with a full quote if you'd like. I know Mexico is generally underserved with equipment for CrossFit, and we're working hard at XX to change that.

You can email our staff at service@xxx or call xxx. We'll get you squared away.

In fact, blanking out the company names, coming to this thread only reading this post tell me which company is which, and why you'd ban either or both?

Basically, if you follow threads from Mexico what you've done is potentially hinder CF growth due to the cost of equipment (a common post I see from Mexican would be affiliates) and/or just give preferential treatment to a vendor. Whatever the motivation is you have potentially cost Ricardo more in shipping cost, etc who is inquiring from a "generally underserved" market. Both companies made a reply off an end user request, neither company made an unsolicited brand new post asking for business from Mexico.

I appreciate the message board, and surely don't want to get banned for this reply, nor do I want any ill will towards or from any of the vendors mentioned, but I think it is clear several members feel something is wrong with what occurred in the original thread posted below.

As much as I enjoy Bill, Jon, Alex's and several others posts on what they offer when specific questions arise, consideration should be made to reinstate Alex, or ban all (not the way I'd prefer you went).

Original Thread:
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...12#post1104512

Respectfully,

Rich
CFL1
You are new to the Crossfit political scene aren't you?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hanover View Post
You are new to the Crossfit political scene aren't you?
It was still a good post, and glad he laid it out like that.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #23
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
It was still a good post, and glad he laid it out like that.
It has been all laid out nicely, I agree. I've been CF'ing for 6+ years. This kind of stuff isn't new, and anyone who has been around long enough, probably isn't surprised either.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Touche

I still have hope though!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
Touche

I still have hope though!
Yeah, well, don't hold your breath. I have really held a lot of respect for the mods over the years, but given that they haven't replied in this thread and that my two PMs to Camille have gotten no response, I think it is extremely unlikely that we will see any change of direction on this.

If that's how it ends up, I will absolutely see it as blatant favoritism towards the "pet" equipment providers in the CF world such as AF and Rogue. It will also completely dilute in my mind the value of the Site Rules, which the mods have always claimed apply equally to everyone.

- Mark
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #26
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Well, so be it. I'm going to buy from Fringe for nearly everything regardless. Kind of disappointing though.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #27
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Yeah, well, don't hold your breath. I have really held a lot of respect for the mods over the years, but given that they haven't replied in this thread and that my two PMs to Camille have gotten no response, I think it is extremely unlikely that we will see any change of direction on this.

If that's how it ends up, I will absolutely see it as blatant favoritism towards the "pet" equipment providers in the CF world such as AF and Rogue. It will also completely dilute in my mind the value of the Site Rules, which the mods have always claimed apply equally to everyone.

- Mark
How about the 19 page long thread selling compression gear? He is obviously making money by providing coupon codes which result directly in sales. I'm sure someone in that wayfair/pendlay coupon code thread is from wayfair. Or the obvious discrimination with AF and efringe?

Look, all I'm saying is that threads/forums exist to help people, and sometimes helping people find the gear they may need profits you - and allows you to rep your company. As long as it is a reputable company, and isn't the only thing they contribute to these forums, it should be allowed - and it is allowed... as long as they like you. The rules are more like guidelines.... and the guidelines are more setup for a reason to ban you... just when they are applied is totally up to them. Life ain't fair, sooner you realize this, the better.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #28
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hanover View Post
How about the 19 page long thread selling compression gear? He is obviously making money by providing coupon codes which result directly in sales. I'm sure someone in that wayfair/pendlay coupon code thread is from wayfair. Or the obvious discrimination with AF and efringe?

Look, all I'm saying is that threads/forums exist to help people, and sometimes helping people find the gear they may need profits you - and allows you to rep your company. As long as it is a reputable company, and isn't the only thing they contribute to these forums, it should be allowed - and it is allowed... as long as they like you. The rules are more like guidelines.... and the guidelines are more setup for a reason to ban you... just when they are applied is totally up to them. Life ain't fair, sooner you realize this, the better.
I can't think of anything to say other than you are exactly right.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #29
Craig McInnes

Profile:

I only had to go 4 threads down to find another supplier offering to add safety spotter upgrades to their site so people could buy them. Must be a non profit item.

As a short time user of the Crossfit board im happy to keep that status. I've made my last purchase from the "preferred" group as of today. Certainly it's these suppliers pushing this nonsense behind the scenes.

Last edited by Craig McInnes; 11-05-2012 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Too harsh, angry typing
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #30
Craig McInnes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McInnes View Post
I only had to go 4 threads down to find another supplier offering to add safety spotter upgrades to their site so people could buy them. Must be a non profit item.

As a short time user of the Crossfit board im happy to keep that status. I've made my last purchase from the "preferred" group as of today. Certainly it's these suppliers pushing this nonsense behind the scenes.
To correct myself, I should have said the retailers that are apparently receiving preference by crossfit. The equipment providers or manufacturers on the list provided earlier in this thread do not necessarly post here to market their products.

I don't necessarily blame any retailer/supplier/manufacturer for this, but clearly there are different standards on these particular message boards.

Last edited by Craig McInnes; 11-05-2012 at 11:44 PM..