CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Wesley Macdonald

Profile:
Again faster vs rogue GHD

Looking to buy one, anybody familiar with both. Read lots of reviews on rogue's abram ghd, can't find much on again fasters.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
James Orr

Profile:
Re: Again faster vs rogue GHD

I had the Rogue. Had to sell it when we moved from a house to an apartment. If you've ever been able to handle their racks, it's made out of the same stuff. Super heavy duty with very comfortable, robust pads. Even though it's so heavy, it's easy to move around because of the wheels. The downside is the huge footprint. Kind of ridiculously wide and long.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Mike Hollister

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Macdonald View Post
Looking to buy one, anybody familiar with both. Read lots of reviews on rogue's abram ghd, can't find much on again fasters.

Thanks
I have the Rogue. They had a couple AF ghd's at the level 1 cert I attended. It was surprisingly beefy. Didn't seem as chunky from the pics, but it's a beast. The rogue has a bigger foot plate and much larger pads (the largest I've seen). For my money in a home gym situation, I'd probably go w/ Rogue, if I were buying a bunch of them for a gym I'd consider saving some money and go w/ the AF rigs.

You just can't beat the rogue comfort IMO. That matters when you're working out by your self. You won't want to do ham raises if the GHD doesn't support your very well.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Wes,

We designed the AF GHD to be tank-solid and affordable. I'm proud of it.

If you want to talk specifics with me or any of the staff, just give us a shout at 617 460 5999. We'll answer any questions, straight up. Whether our GHD is the right one, or you should get the Rogue, we'll help you reach a decision.

Obviously, outside opinions are more valuable than mine: We've got a bunch of testimonials on the AF GHD kicking around our Facebook page, and I can point you to a few if you'd like.

Best,

Jon
Old 09-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

We bought two AF GHD when we opened our affiliate (Crossfit Archaic, Rapid City, SD) last month. Great price point for a great piece of equipment. We will definitely buy a few more when the time comes.

The only negative was that the AF GHD was on back order when we placed our order, so we had to wait about 10 days longer. Even with the bit of delay, it has been a great purchase!

Fedex provided less than stellar customer service in their freight delivery service. The driver called to set a delivery time, then made the decision that she received too many pickups in the mean time and could not make the delivery. I spent the next 48 hours dealing with Fedex with their determination of a "missed delivery attempt" and that a $100 missed delivery fee was assessed. How does a company charge a customer a fee when their driver determined that she could not make the delivery? I finally had to drive to the freight warehouse and pick up the shipment myself. I was not a happy Fedex customer that week.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Andy Crawford

Profile:

I have not used the AF but I am not a huge fan of the Rogue GHD. It does the job but not my favorite. It doesn't adjust very well when you have multiple people using it. The AF looks like it would be quicker in that aspect. Legend makes a great GHD. I would like to try the AF because it is a great deal.