CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Frank Pianki

Profile:
Again faster barbell

Couldn't find much about this bar when I searched. Anyone have any experience with it? It's on sale for just under 200 bucks with shipping till midnight. I would be mainly using it for starting strength type workouts with power cleans beings the only Olympic lift I do. Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Timothy Hansen

Profile:
Re: Again faster barbell

I like mine, for the most part. The knurling might be a little rough to softer hands, but a good dusting of chalk is usually enough.

Would not have been my first choice (wanted to go with a Rogue B&R) but I could not pass up the Again Faster bar/bumper set at the games last year.

Overall, no real complaints. It's a good solid bar.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Frank Pianki

Profile:

Thanks. I ordered one last night. You can't beat 200 bucks shipped.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Jason Hobbs

Profile:

Their barbell is on sale right now for $165!!! How has it held up? Any good? I need a good barbell and I have been trying not to spend over $200.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

I've got two of them at about 3 months old, they are doing great!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Frank Pianki

Profile:

I love mine. The knurling is great and it seems to be indestructable.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

they do ship them with out clips which is kinda cheap on their end.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
Matthew S. Turner

Profile:

Just got my wife's again faster barbell and can't be more pleased. It is top notch. Can't wait to order mine. If you order now they are $30 off which makes it about like free shipping.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Kenny Yan

Profile:

Just got my barbell from them. Thought I give some insights on it.

I have the rogue beater bar so that's all I can compare it too. First the knarling on the again faster is more aggressive. But not to the point that it will hurt your hand. Spin on it is nicer than the beater bar. Two things I didn't like about it.

1. The sleeve seems smaller than the rogue. My bumpers doesn't fit snug on the bar. Where as it's snug on the rogue. Bumper kind of rattles a bit on the bar even with collars. That's a big annoyance to me. Might not for some.

2. Both ends of the sleeves has some scratches on it. They look like its been dropped on. I know that's not a big deal but since I'm paying 200 for a bar, I would want it to be in better condition. Its not a pendlay or eleiko but still more than a bar from dicks or something.

Overall, it's satisfatory to me. Again I can only compare it to the rogue beater. I probably would've spend the extra and got the rogue bar. haven't heard anything bad about that.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Kenny,

Thanks for the feedback, Brother.

We recently upped the sleeve diameter slightly (about .5 mm), so the fit issue should not continue going forward.

Regarding the scratches, where are they located? Of course, I can't get them off your bar, but we'll make sure it doesn't happen going forward.

I designed the Again Faster Team Barbells to meet the demands of CrossFit training. Period. These are meant to have good whip, spin, and feel, and to never bend or rust. We were able to achieve a price point that would enable folks in their home gyms to buy one without sacrificing a paycheck, and enable Affiliates to buy ten at a time while keeping cash for the things that matter, like enhancing their clients experience.

Frankly, we could have upped the price tag past $250 (plus shipping), and no one would have had an issue, but cash is not why Again Faster is here. We're here to put a shoulder to the wheel.

We've had top-notch Games Competitors on them, like my buddies James Hobart and Austin Malleolo, and Olympic Weightlifters like Chad Vaughn and Kendrick Ferris. The feedback has always been the same. People like this bar, and it stands up to the punishment.

Additionally, we stand behind these 100%. You can see our guarantee here: https://www.againfaster.com/en/100-guarantee/. This is a heck of a lot more solid than most of the "lifetime guarantees" out there.

You can find the Again Faster Team Barbells here: https://www.againfaster.com/en/shop/...-team-barbell/

If you want to talk about this, or anything else we do, hit us up at service@againfaster.com or (617) 460-5999. I'll try and stay on top of the Discussion Board, but this is the best way to reach us.

Best,

Jon