CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Kevin McKay

Profile:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0811192215.htm
Old 08-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
Craig Van De Walker

Profile:
While I agree that young children(and many adults) usually do not take personal responsibility, it is a human/animal nature thing. The downside of living in a society where even the poor have access to enough food to become obese, is that self control is needed!

At some point education, willpower and choice fall into the equation. Most obese children have parent who are either obese and or allow free access to crappy food. The problem is that according to the ADA and govt. food pyramid, living on processed starch is OK.

My son if given the choice, especially at an early age would choose Cocoa Puffs or Captain Crunch instead of eggs and fruit for breakfast. I must accept the responsibility to not make the first choices accessible. We discuss these things and he understands these are choices he will make for himself at some point. His big responsibility right now at 12 is to make sure he eats protien and fiber at every meal. We discussed why this is important and he can handle it.

These programs should give a heavy emphasis to educating and teaching responsibility to even pre-school children! Their parents likely don't exhibit either one.

Since leaving my prime many years ago and despite a pretty heavy physical exercise schedule, I have needed to cut my caloric intake in roughly half to lean up and keep from gaining fat. I had some options I could say it's not my fault my metabolism dropped in half, I couldn't help it. Or I could choose to take responsibility.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
Maybe someone should write a book..."Fat dad, Fit dad"...I can't write, but if one of you do, send some royalties my way.

Aush
Old 08-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
Allison Barns

Profile:
Interesting article, thanks for posting it! As the article stated, sugar in the form of fructose seems to be added everything! Read labels carefully and you might be suprised ....