CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Leigh Howard

Profile:
Leigh's Work Out Log

Hey Everyone!

To start out I have really wanted to join Crossfit especially after I listened to how much someone dear to me loved and felt after he went everyday. He truly motivated me into doing more research and trying it out, so thank you Tim!
I have tried it a few times while I was deployed a year and a half ago and just did my first class on Saturday, which ultimately SOLD me. I am now a proud member of 210 Crossfit San Antonio and it has a wonderful staff that truly motivates you.

Today's WOD- For Time
800m Run
80 Lunges
40 Pullups
600m Run
60 Lunges
30 Pullups
400m Run
40 Lunges
20 Pullups

My time was 23:29 and I am pretty proud of it! There was a fellow military guy there, Geoff that truly pushed me, I just kept focusing on staying a few clicks behind him.
I also went shopping for all of the essentials to start strict Paleo, it should be fairly easy since at a point in time I was only eating Lean meats, fish, nuts, veggies and fruits, just need to get back into it!!
Super excited and feeling great!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Leigh Howard

Profile:
Re: Leigh's Work Out Log

My addiction is only getting better and better!

Today we started out with our warm-up then did

5 sets of 10 Push-ups, 5 Frog Jumps, 10 sit-ups and ran 400m

WOD

5-5-5 Deadlifts

My deadlifts were 145lbs, I need to really focus on form first then go up in weight. Have to admit there may be something wrong with me when I got excited to see my skin rip off and fly from my hand.

After that:

5" Max Hang Clean and Jerk
I did 21 in 5 minutes

It all felt great! I admit I am feeling the soreness now, but I love it! I need a massage! hehehe!

Now I just need to get into my eating. Breakfast- I had berries and nuts...I think I am going to make one of the recipes for buffalo tonight. My cravings are driving me crazy and it is not easy when I have family in town visiting either. My will power is being tested!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
Leigh Howard

Profile:

I was feeling it this morning!! Still got out of bed early and made my way to 210 Crossfit. Breakfast consisted of a few Walnuts, Cantaloupe, strawberries and blackberries

WOD - 5RFT

25 Double Unders
20 Unbroken KB Swings
15 Overhead Squats
All exercises must be done Unbroken.

Rx = 53/44 and 95/65

My time was 14:41. I really could have pushed myself more for a better time, but since we were doing Unbroken I was mentally preparing myself a bit too much before starting each. So 14:41 it is and hey not too bad just need to shave off a minute or so!!
I do wish that I had a friend that was doing this too other than my new friends at my Crossfit, that I could get back home and talk about it all to...bc I am sure my bestfriend is going to get sick of hearing about it!

Now we are off to Gruene for a nice day and then float the river!! YAY

Tomorrow is my "off" day, but I think I want to do a stretching or yoga class.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Leigh Howard

Profile:

Morning!
Did fairly well on my eating yesterday especially since my mom is visiting and we took her to Gruene and floated the river. Had nuts and berries in the morning and for lunch we went to my favorite place to eat The Grist Mill and I stuck to Paleo, ordered the beef tenderloin and ate it plain with tomato, lettuce and avocado. It was a bit harder for me last night however since we had a huge movie night with a bunch of friends and the temptation of the smell of pizza and beer was calling my name! Ha

Today is my rest day.

Woke up a little sore this morning but planning on getting a nice massage
Not sure what the day holds, maybe take my mom to Fredericksburg for wine tasting (yes I will taste the wine!), yoga is in the plans however! I am enjoying having my mom here, she has helped me realize a few things and clear my mind too bad she is leaving on Saturday morning.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Leigh Howard

Profile:

Today ended up being an actual rest day and I skipped out on yoga.

We went to the Japanese Tea Garden here in San Antonio and it was very relaxing and beautiful and then a night of guitar hero...ha!

Tomorrow morning back into it!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Leigh Howard

Profile:

WOD

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

1RM Shoulder Press

Then:

AMRAP 8"

3 Power Cleans
2 Thrusters
1 Push Jerk
Rx = 135/95

I obviously need to work on my upper body strength! The shoulder press really got me... started out with 55 and it was a breeze, went to 60 and felt good, went to 65 and why oh why did it feel like I was lifting a building?? HAHA no worries, I WILL get better!
The second WOD was amazing though, I do know that I should have put on a bit more weight before we started...I did 60lbs 3-2-1, 8 times in 8 minutes.

After that, I went ahead and went to Gold's (I still have a membership there, since my friend has one and I go with her at times) while there, I ran a mile and then did a few ab work outs.

Now off to have my smoothie!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
Leigh Howard

Profile:

AWESOME! PURE AWESOME!
SUPER SATURDAY at 210 Crossfit. The turnout was amazing and the WOD was intense.
WOD
21 KB Swing
21 Air Squats
200m Run
18 KB Swing
18 Air Squats
200m Run
15 KB Swing
15 Air Squats
200m Run
12 KB Swing
12 Air Squats
200m Run
9 KB Swing
9 Air Squats
200m Run
6 KB Swing
6 Air Squats
200m Run FOR TIME

Before the WOD we did a few run exercises and then the ANTE was Tabata situps which I did 12 during 8 sets my range was 12 or 13 situps in 30 seconds.
Then for the WOD my time was 13:01...WOW I thought I was going to die afterwards because the pain felt WONDERFUL!! After the WOD the cashout was to run 400m backwards...I LOVED the day! Now I am taking it a bit easy before I have to take my mom to the airport at 2

Eating is going great and yum yum buffalo! I paste a ton of CF photos on facebook and the reactions from people are great.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
Leigh Howard

Profile:

Sunday Funday!

Ante:
Tabata Squats my lowest count was 15. In 8 sets I varied the first 20 seconds I did 18 squats and then kept an average between 18 and 15 closing the sets out with 18. It burnt so nicely! HA!

WOD:
20 OH Medicine Ball Lunges
30 Situps
20 clapping pushups
30 mountain climbers
400m run

3RFT
My time was 14:49! Aww Yeah! It could have been better but man my legs were still burning from the Ante and running was no bueno!

As far as food, doing well, made a scrumptious smoothie this morning with vanilla protein powder, cocunut milk, almond butter, cocunut flakes and 1/3 of a banana. lunch was a palm size salmon with broccoli and dinner was buffalo with more broccoli! mmm mmm mmm

Now since I have to go back to work tomorrow, lets see how easy it is to get up for the 0515 class! Ugh! But hey looking forward to the CF Booze Cruise! Plan is strict paleo until then and then celebrate for one day on the cruise and back to strict paleo! I am also practicing my handstand pushups every morning...I love this stuff!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
Leigh Howard

Profile:

This morning started with two firsts! I love doing things new...First, it was my first time to attend the 0515 class, and I have to say...not bad. Getting up that early, I am already used to so looking forward to that being my main class to go to. And Second, it was my first time to do Murph! I love it!

I do wish that I would have not gone to bed so early and checked out today's WOD prior so I could have been a bit prepared, as in, bring my running shoes! My time was 39:09...yeah I know not great but hey not bad either! It probably was not a great idea either that yesterday was my rest day and instead I went to the gym with my best friend and ran a mile and a half, did pushups, situps, and abs...HAHA!

Now I better get my rear to work!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
Leigh Howard

Profile:

The Murph really got me! I woke up for my 0515 class this morning and tried getting out of bed...hmmm that did not go so well. However, I feel a bit better about missing since a few of my guy friends missed too because the Murph got them as well…I am not going to take a full “rest” day though, I will go to a body pump class with a friend here in a bit, come home make some dinner and then get ready for tomorrow morning’s WOD!!!

What I really need and want is a nice massage…ahhhhhh

Here are a few pictures: And yes I did go all the way down with my pushup!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leigh11.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	6675   Click image for larger version

Name:	950115438_nMpov-XL.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	6676