CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
Michael Whities

Profile:
CF Work Log

Cindy-M

5 Wall Presses
10 Sit Ups
15 Squats

12 minutes time
6 rounds completed

Comments: I really enjoyed my first work out with CF today. It seemed easy (and it should've been) but, I see just how much I'm out of shape. My coach was probably being nice but, he said I did good for the first work out. Maybe I surprised him a little. I almost met Pukie but, I ended up being okay afterwards. My legs are feeling "worn out".

I'm excited for the next work out. (Wouldn't you know it, Cindy is tomorrow. I might try to a REALLY modified Cindy here at home tomorrow.)

(M = Modified (Get used to seeing that.)) Refer to this post if you wonder why:

New guy Here (WFS)

Michael
Old 12-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Michael Whities

Profile:
Re: CF Work Log

I just thought about doing a before/after for my logs. Maybe I should take the before picture and just hold it. I'm thinking I might take a picture every Saturday or maybe every two weeks to see if there is a difference.

What have most of you done or thought about doing?

I'll get my wife to take a before picture of me tomorrow. (If I can get out of bed!)

Michael
Old 12-22-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Michael Whities

Profile:

I WAS able to get out of bed yesterday morning and this morning. Didn't have the chance to get a before picture but, I talked with the wife this morning and we are going to take one tonight.

For breakfast this morning, I have a 4 eggs with EVOO. Nothing else, I'll need to go and get some veggies to eat with it. I'm still waiting to get my Enter the Zone book so I can see what kind of meals I can make with it. I've been reading up on the Paleo diet as well. It seem more Atkinsish... I believe that would be rather easy to stick with.

Sunday 081221
Cindy-M WOD

5 Wall Presses
10 Sit ups
15 Squats

20 minutes
5 rounds

Comments: OUCH OUCH OUCH! I was so sore from Saturday's Cindy... *cuss* *cuss*

Felt good to do it though. I'm SOO glad today is rest day... Need protein.

Michael
Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Michael Whities

Profile:

So, my quads are still hurting. Not as bad as they were but, still quite sore. I'm hoping I can do the running part of the WOD today. I mean, I can do it, just won't be as good as I'd like.

I thought about taking the elevator the last few days to allow my legs to rest but, I decided against it and I actually think it's helped quite a bit. Funny thing is, they hurt worst going down the stairs than they did going up the stairs.

I'll post my before CF picture tonight. Hopefully I won't scar everyone for life... the good thing is, maybe in a few months I'll see a huge improvement.

Michael
Old 12-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Awesome job! Just make sure you manage that soreness so you don't ever have to miss workouts because of it. I've had that happen once. OOPS!

And don't think your "before" pics will scare anyone. It's good to see where you came from so you can see how far you've come. I wish I had been more diligent about taking between pics. I think I'd see more change if I had. Eyeballing it in the mirror doesn't work so well.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Michael Whities

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
Awesome job! Just make sure you manage that soreness so you don't ever have to miss workouts because of it. I've had that happen once. OOPS!

And don't think your "before" pics will scare anyone. It's good to see where you came from so you can see how far you've come. I wish I had been more diligent about taking between pics. I think I'd see more change if I had. Eyeballing it in the mirror doesn't work so well.
I appreciate it. I wimped out today and decided to not do the WOD. I didn't want to push my legs to much. Plus, I got off late and had dinner plans I had to rush to. I'll make it up sometime. Sorry coach.

You haven't seen my picture yet. I actually hadn't taken it yet. I'll do so now though and post it in a few minutes. I may go for every two weeks, every month for sure.

Michael
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
Michael Whities

Profile:

Ok, as promised, here are my before pictures:

http://www.sysconms.com/CF/Before%20...201024X768.jpg
December 23, 2008 @ 315lbs

Yes, I admit I'm really out of shape and I'm fat. That's why I've decided to do CrossFit. (Also, I want to apologize to anyone in Cozumel in October if you happened to see me out on the beach. I didn't realize I looked this BAD!)

Anyways, here I go. Starting the journey. I REALLY have to do something now. Otherwise you all could send me this picture over and over.

Thanks all, please be kind.

Michael
Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
Michael Whities

Profile:

Ok, any comments and suggestions are welcome.

I'll admit I'm fat but, I figure I'm a prefect candidate for CF.

Paleo or Zone?

Michael
Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
Michael Whities

Profile:

So, I've stopped CFing for now (actually till tomorrow). I figured I'd wait till after all the Christmas and New Years was over.

I'm going to Sam's tonight to pick up food for the next week or so. I've read the Zone book and it really opened up my eyes on what I've been doing to myself the last 33 years. I see that I need to start eating properly and get my weight down and hopefully my blood pressure too. (I'm about to call my doctor and see what my last pressure was.) It was pretty high.

I'm also going to get some new work out clothes. All of my current work out clothes is ragged, you know, from all of that exer.. well, I just need some.

So, hopefully I'll be in far better shape than the nasty image above soon.

(BTW: I'm down to 314lbs!)

Michael
Old 01-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
Michael Whities

Profile:

I haven't really worked out at all besides doing squats while holding my son. He loves it and giggles every time I do a squat with him. I even have him learning "down and up" (doing squats) when we play together. (CrossFit Kids, watch out.. I'll need to get some video of it. :P)

I'm down to 312lbs this morning. Been doing a Paleo/Zoneish diet. I'm enjoying it. I'm hoping to be able to go to the box tomorrow for a work out.

Michael