CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
Allison Foreman

Profile:
York Barbell Update

As everybody knows, I am able to offer the CF community a chunky 30% off all York Barbell products (equipment, stands, bars, bumpers, dumbbells, the works). Got a whisper that York will be making some price adjustments sometime in January (hasnít been done since í06!), but Iíll have a 30 day window to close existing business before the new prices kick in. Wanted to give everybody a timing heads up early as possible, rather than an unpleasant surprise, so if youíre able to return that really ugly sweater from Aunt Millie without her finding out, are budget planning, balancing on the fence, or just might want some toys or browse .pdf catalogs & current pricing, please drop me a line at allisonforeman@aol.com or call my office at (614) 785-9266. If you need a quote, Iíll need to have your delivery zip code and type of delivery (commercial or residential) to get lowest available freight. Due to tech difficulties, had trouble with my CF message inbox, so apologies to anybody I accidently neglected to call back! Best to email me directly. Iíll be out of the office from 1/5 Ė 1/9 to New Orleans for football, so keep that response window in mind, okay? Hope everyoneís season was blessed and safe, and you donít have to put in as many extra miles as I do to compensate for your holiday indulgences! Allison Foreman, York Barbell
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
Ryan Stitt

Profile:
Re: York Barbell Update

Allison,
I sent you an email yesterday. Thanks!

Ryan
Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
Sam Michaud

Profile:

Allison,

E-mail inbound. Thanks for the heads up. Awesome as always.

Sam
Old 01-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Lester De Guzman

Profile:

is it only possible to lock in the old prices if your going to buy it right now? may be a weird inquiry I know but I am short on funds and would love to get my hands on the york black oxide bar for $112 like you told me on the other thread.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
Jeremy Lafreniere

Profile:

Thank you Allison for the York products! We started unpacking everything yesterday, and the equipment is beyond belief. Really well made - sturdy and functional. It cool that it all looks great to boot!

I am looking forward to doing continued business with as CrossFit Loudoun-Dulles 606 grows!

Jeremy
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Chris Barclay

Profile:

Alison - when are we getting a discount in Europe?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
Jason Sharpe

Profile:

Ordered and received some equipment from Allison:

Press Squat Stand
Glute Ham Bench
Bumper Set
Dumbell Set

Outstanding products, price, and service thus far. The discount was very nice

Thank you Allison for your commitment to the CrossFit community.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
Joey Guth

Profile:

What are the York 10# bumpers like? Are they the same diameter as the rest of the plates? Do they bend like the Kraiburgs?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Allison Foreman

Profile:

Thanks for all the support, guys, and I'm glad you like the toys! Will be in touch with everyone. The way this is going to need to work is that I simply need an email or a phone call with a quote request by Tuesday, May 27th, and then the order placed by June 15th in order to get the "old" cheaper pricing.

The 30% discount I offer on all York Barbell's product line will stay in place, of course, even after the price changes. Just that we have a specific window of opportunity on prices right now. Again, not trying to rush anybody, just keeping everyone in the loop!!

On the 10lb bumper question - same diameter as the rest of the solid rubber training bumpers, and is manufactured with a pulverized rubber combined with polymer adhesive which is molded using an intense heat compression technique. They're very high quality. Other manufacturers have even removed the 10lb from their product line, as they were unable to maintain integrity. Remember, if you drop a bar unevenly, a single 10lb bumper must absorb the shear, angled impact of 67.5lbs - the 45lb bar, 20lbs of plates, and a set of collars, plus gravity! on the thinnest bumper plate manufactured. Always best to try to control the descent, when possible, on the Olympic lifts, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with York's bumpers.

Emailing me directly or give me a call for quickest response!

Allison Foreman
York Barbell
allisonforeman@aol.com
(614) 785-9266 office
(614) 785-9322 fax
www.yorkbarbell.com
Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
Allison Foreman

Profile:

Oops, sorry, Chris, neglected to address your question regarding Europe. Its a wee bit complicated, as York Canada, York UK, York Australia, and York USA actually have different product lines, but I'll PM you with contact info on your side of the pond.

Allison Foreman
York Barbell
allisonforeman@aol.com
(614) 785-9266 office
(614) 785-9322 fax
www.yorkbarbell.com