CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Kermit Partain

Profile:
Hello!. this is my first post so I'll try to get this right. lol . As I've become totally unentertained by regular traditional workouts. I've stumbled across this wonderfully interesting thing called CROSSFIT. Not to be one to just dive blindly into the deep end, I've sat back and soaked everything in that i can. I didn't know my thirst could be quenched before i even bought the kool-aid, but i cant wait to get started. My question is this: I am getting ready to take my second trip to the sandbox and am wondering if anyone has had any problem getting equipment to train with? I know most things are available over there, but was wondering how difficult it would be to find. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
There's a huge portion of Crossfit that does workouts with little or no equipment, and some with improvised equipment, especially common stuff found on a military base.

There should be some videos in the video section about lifting odd objects, etc. And I think if you look through the archives, there's something about Crossfit Kenya or something, where the guy used downed trees for some lifts, cut logs on the end of poles for other lifts, etc.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
Douglas W. Hathaway

Profile:
I suppose it depends on where you get stationed up there, but I've had no problem here in Kuwait continuing with Crossfit. Check out the FAQ for substitutions on things like rope climbs, kettlebells etc.
I improvise sometimes using things like sandbags or whatever and sticking to the crossfit protocol.
Good Luck, and watch your six.

Doug