CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
Nick Cruz

Profile:
Should I do Sundays AND todays workout all in one sitting or should I do Sunday today, todays workout during tomorrows rest period and be caught up on Wednesday?

Thank you,

Nick
Old 07-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to Workout of the Day
Old 07-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Nicholas Burgett

Profile:
Nick, it kind of depends on how you feel. Personally, a WOD like Sundays completely wastes me and makes in inconcievable to double up with todays.

I did Sunday's WOD today, and will do the FS WOD tomorrow during the prescribed rest day. That way I'll be caught up. I should also note that I took Sunday off, so I've already had my rest day. If you're going on several days in a row, you may want to take the rest day and then try to double-up later on if the opportunity presents itself.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
Michael Ledney

Profile:
Too late for yesterday obviously, but for future reference I've had quite a bit of success combining ME type WODs (i.e. Monday's 7x3 FS) with a met-con. In fact, I do some combination of the two at almost every workout.

I'll do the ME stuff first, generally at a pace that is slower than most of the other crossfitters I've encountered. Slowly build to my max and then fail on the final set. Then I jump right into something that gets my heart beating.

My work schedule doesn't allow me to do the WODs on the 3 on 1 off as they're posted, so I started archiving them in September. I try to stick to a rotation as similar to the posted WOD progression as possible, but with a little more choice. Gotta be careful not to avoid the things I don't like (long chippers like 50) and always listen to my body in terms of recovery.