CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #2931
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

HS for 3 minutes and 30 pushups.

Stupid tough.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #2932
Jeff Enge

Profile:

OK, wanted to put something about squats and running from above but don't feel like getting into another argument with that noted expert in all things CF, weightlifting, technique, running, diet and injuries - Blaise Davis.

Yes, stronger legs help running. Yes, explosiveness helps running. The question is, is interrupting a running interval to do a few bodyweight squats going to promote either of those things? I don't know the answer for sure, but it seems to me like something like that would do more to just lengthen the amount of time working the aerobic system than it would to build power or explosiveness. That's just my gut feeling on the specific question asked.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #2933
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
OK, wanted to put something about squats and running from above but don't feel like getting into another argument with that noted expert in all things CF, weightlifting, technique, running, diet and injuries - Blaise Davis.

Yes, stronger legs help running. Yes, explosiveness helps running. The question is, is interrupting a running interval to do a few bodyweight squats going to promote either of those things? I don't know the answer for sure, but it seems to me like something like that would do more to just lengthen the amount of time working the aerobic system than it would to build power or explosiveness. That's just my gut feeling on the specific question asked.
Did you read what I posted? What they are saying makes no sense.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #2934
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
Did you read what I posted? What they are saying makes no sense.
Yes, I read what you wrote. I agree entirely - explosiveness training is the best assistance to running faster besides actually running.

The thing that chafes me is that people talk about "running" during MetCons or untrained people doing 1:20+ 400m or (just for example ) 23 minute 5k's and then ask what "extra" stuff they can do to get better at that. None of those things are acutally running, because there is a distinct difference between RUNNING and JOGGING. If you are a male, actually want to be a good runner and can't go a sub-21:30 5k (pretty close approximation to 7-min mile pace) - the best thing for you to do is run. Not squats, not revamping your form to some odd craze that may or may not be what your body should be doing, not whatever odd assistance somebody might come up with.

Might sound harsh, but it's in the same vein as Andrew C telling people bragging about their 20-rep squats at 135# that they aren't as strong as they think they are, or somebody calling out whoever disses Klokov's DT and doesn't have a bodyweight snatch.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #2935
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Yes, I read what you wrote. I agree entirely - explosiveness training is the best assistance to running faster besides actually running.

The thing that chafes me is that people talk about "running" during MetCons or untrained people doing 1:20+ 400m or (just for example ) 23 minute 5k's and then ask what "extra" stuff they can do to get better at that. None of those things are acutally running, because there is a distinct difference between RUNNING and JOGGING. If you are a male, actually want to be a good runner and can't go a sub-21:30 5k (pretty close approximation to 7-min mile pace) - the best thing for you to do is run. Not squats, not revamping your form to some odd craze that may or may not be what your body should be doing, not whatever odd assistance somebody might come up with.

Might sound harsh, but it's in the same vein as Andrew C telling people bragging about their 20-rep squats at 135# that they aren't as strong as they think they are, or somebody calling out whoever disses Klokov's DT and doesn't have a bodyweight snatch.
Totally agree.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #2936
Andrew Bell

Profile:

posted in that thread.

morning yall.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #2937
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lichtenwalner View Post
Traps make the world go round.
seriously......

HI SARA!!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #2938
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
HS for 3 minutes and 30 pushups.

Stupid tough.
Yep, I expect that and worse.

SARA!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #2939
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Jeff, I agree that BW squats and plyo squats are the right tool for runners but the incorporation of them by these clowns is incorrect.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #2940
Rob Carrillo

Profile:

what I love most about this thread is the fact that it is somehow hidden in plain sight...