CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
Arturo Garcia

Profile:
Re: My 28 day challenge.

August 18th:

3 eggs, bacon, celery (half the usual amount), half red pepper (the thick ones). Wanted something else but had nothing, went to the supermarket today obviously. Green tea.

Cress, quite a bit, lettuce, sesame oil, olive oil, avocado, almost two pork chops, trimming most of the fat. Wife said she used about 1tbsp of both oils... I would have used a bit less sesame oil and possibly more olive oil, but oh well. Cup of red wine. Green tea.

About 1/3 cup sunflower seeds with 1tsp honey, delicious stuff.

A bit of black coffee.

4 plums!

Cucumber and tomato thrown in the blender, with just a fraction of papaya and banana (like 1oz of them both combined, or less). I shouldn't have added that as it did nothing for the flavor, but it was there as they had just prepared some papaya/banana shake (with nothing else, just ice).

Fish, in spanish called "mero basa", dunno in english. Cooked with ghee as wife thought coconut oil was over (I later showed her where the latest unopened jar was, for tomorrow). Lettuce, tons of it, with a bit of onion, a few olives, capers, olive oil, ACV, balsamic vinegar and salt.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

I logged in yesterday's food in Fitday, turned out to be about 2700 calories, of which 62% came from fat, 24% from protein and 12% from carbs. The only nutrient I didn't get enough of was calcium, which I got 45% of the RDA. I think another one was at 99 or 96% so I paid no attention to it.

August 19th:

Can of sardines in olive oil, bacon, celery.

A little beef, was able to control myself this time. Red cabbage, lettuce, avocado, half a can of spinach, half onion, olive oil. Cup of red wine. Green tea.

Hazelnuts, I'd guess 1.5 - 2 oz, closer to 2 maybe.

Small orange, 7 strawberries, cucumber thrown in the blender.

Smoked pork chop, lean only eaten, cooked with a bit of coconut oil, good size. About 2oz beef from leftovers. About 1oz raw ham. Broccoli, sauteed in butter, lots of it, half an onion, garlic, and the other half of the spinach can from lunch.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 20th:

Smoked pork chop cooked with coconut oil, celery, bacon. Little bit of black coffee. Neat breakfast.

Two plates of soup* (will describe below) with a few pieces of beef ribs, not much. Red cabbage and lettuce that was leftover from yesterday, I usually eat veggies fresh but oh well. Quite a good bit of avocado. Green tea.

1.5 apples, and they were kinda big. As if it were not enough, a little bit of mango. Should've eaten less fruits since the goal is fatloss.

Two more plates of the soup I'll describe below, with a few pieces of beef ribs in it. Tablespoon of coconut oil taken as a shot, it tastes good. Green tea.

"African something" tea I bought at a coffee shop after watching Bruno at the theaters.

Ok, the soup is something that me nor my wife cooks, but it was cooked at my folks house, which is where we ate today, and came back after work. No fat is added in cooking, the beef ribs are first done with just water and garlic to make them softer, and then thrown where the soup is being done, which is just a big thing with water and veggies, some spices, that's it. Veggies include pumpkin, carrot, celery, broccoli. As this soup is virtually fat free I made sure to eat a lot of avocado at noon, although the salad had olive oil as well... and at night that is why I had a tablespoon of coconut oil just like that. This soup makes me feel VERY full for some reason. Maybe because I usually don't drink water with meals (except tea, if I choose to drink some), but I hate feeling so full. Maybe the soup is more calorically dense than what I think? Don't know...

Notes: no wine today, no nuts/seeds either!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 21st:

I BLEW IT. The day started fine. I had a good breakfast and we went to the beach. Watching my wife gulp down some awful food while I only snacked on organic pumpking seeds (maybe 1oz) was tough, but I managed to do it. I think to myself I'm having better control.

Lunch was fine too, small though, so after it I eat like 3oz of hazelnuts. A lot of nuts, I know... but like I said, lunch wasn't as big. Still, I am not doing that bad. A lot of vegetables on this day. We're planning to eat dinner out, and I eat a salad before leaving. At the restaurant I have a ceviche (fish, all paleo) and a small grilled salmon with steamed veggies, and only drink a cup of white wine.

This is where the day should've ended, I felt full and happy about what I had eaten.

But, like I said, and I'll repeat just to be harsh on myself: I BLEW IT!!

After an argument with my wife I got angry/sad/whatever and started eating like a maniac. I gulp down an entire jar of sour cream, it said it had 15 portions at 60 calories each... lol, 900 calories of sour cream. Some honey added to that. I drink a bit of scotch and a but of rum on top of this. I go out all ****ed off at midnight and drink one small beer. I eat a small muffin. I eat a Milkyway. I eat a Twix. And some kind of cookie which wasn't very sweet but kinda big (maybe 1oz).

I do not even want to remember this. I do not know why I did this, and I regret doing so. The funny thing is, I wasn't even craving this stuff... at the restaurant my wife had BBQ baby back ribs and a strawberry juice and I felt so full and nice with my food. I can only blame myself for this.

I will not let it set me back into thinking it's all screwed up though. Today is a new day and I'm back on track (almost 3pm now). Things with the wife are perfect too which is great news.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #15
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 22nd:

Canned of pink salmon, not sure how much. Maybe 6-7oz? Lettuce, lots of it. Anchovies, 2tbsp olive oil, 2/3 tbsp sesame oil, red cabbage, a little bit of shredded carrot, avocado, maybe 1/4 of a regular one, 1tbsp dijon mustard. Green tea.

Organic sunflower seeds, maybe 1/3 cup, with a little bit of honey, less than 1tsp. About 1/3 of a rather small banana. Green tea.

Turkey thigh, cress, canned spinach, ghee, butter, onion, garlic.

NOTES: I skipped breakfast today, was letting my body recover from all the crap last night. No wine and almost no fruit today.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #16
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 23rd:

3 eggs, bacon, celery.

Went out with a lot of family to a chinese food place. I ordered a plate of veggies and ate a ton of broccoli, chinese cabbage and whatever else. I also ate a raw carrot on the way there. I ate quite a bit of pork and a bit of chicken. Green tea. I felt REALLY full after this, but I was happy because I ate a TON of veggies.

More green tea in the afternoon.

About 8 big leafs of roman lettuce, half a yellow pepper, garlic clove, olive oil, half a small-ish avocado, and some pork ribs that were leftovers from lunch at the chinese place. Some red wine to finish off a bottle. Don't plan on drinking wine for several days now.

New plan. Starting IF now. It worked for me in the past, whenever I could stick to it for a few days... I stopped because I could never actually stick to eating paleo all the time, and I have always read one should first dial in the quality of food before playing with the timing. I think I'm doing pretty good currently, despite friday night's issues, I find myself not craving the sweets anymore. So we'll see how I do, I'll try starting "slow".
Old 08-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #17
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 24th:

17 hour fast.

Shrimp, a little bit of canned salmon (leftover), red cabbage, tons of lettuce, avocado, olive oil. Don't remember if some balsamic vinegar or not. Green tea.

1 plum. 1oz organic roasted almonds. Can of sardines in olive oil, 1tbsp dijon mustard, some olives and capers, a little bit of anchovies in olive oil, with canned spinach and half a yellow pepper. Green tea.

Smoked pork chop, 8oz cooked in a little bit of coconut oil. Steamed broccoli, with a bit of orcanic ghee and garlic.

According to fitday this ended up being close to 2100 calories with 63F/25P/12C. Drinking 1 full tablespoon of fish oil and 2 caps of Cod Liver Oil, both 3x a day.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #18
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 25th:

17.5 hour fast.

I ate clean between 1:30pm and 7:50pm this day. At about 10pm I had a light beer. At about 11:30pm, instead of sleeping, I remembered the breyers thread and went down, and said to myself "I'll have some plain yogurt with some pieces of mango that were already cut and stored in the fridge". That led to another serving, to more stuff, BREAD with butter and honey... my goodness, I binged big time, I felt disgustingly full.

The funny thing is that when i went downstars to get the yogurt at first, I checked myself in a big mirror in the living room, and thought to myself "there's some progress!" (was just wearing underwear) ... which kindof gave me an excuse to go insane. I am pathetic.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #19
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 26th:

Eggs, bacon, celery, a sausage.

Can of sardines, anchovies, avocado, spinach, white cabbage, lettuce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar.

1 plum.

Broccoli sauteed in ghee, bacon, raw ham, a bit of chorizo but just a bit. It was my sister's b-day, everyone came to my parent's house and tons of food were there. I did a good job I think. I had no cake!!! Incredible. Just a cup of white wine.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #20
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

August 27th:

Had eaten clean until the night. I was at a jacuzzi.. people arrived... we drank wine, and ended up eating forbidden stuff. Once again, I suck.