CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
Alex Reynolds

Profile:
Arlington VA X-fitters (preferably North Arlington area)

Hello, I just recently moved to Arlington VA, and because of my work constraints, cant make it to a X-fit facility (plus they are so expensive).

I was just searching for some folks to do maybe a weekend workout or two in the park, or get together everyknow and then and share a bit of knowledge. I have a decent home gym built, but it would be tough supporting 2 people for most workouts, but it could possibly be done. Give me a shout!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
Henry Whitaker

Profile:
Re: Arlington VA X-fitters (preferably North Arlington area)

Alex,

I actually live in SE Arlington, and might be able to get together. But you really should consider checking out some of the great local X-Fit resources there are in NVA and in D.C., which are generally not too expensive. Tom Brose is a good guy and runs a great class out of Balance Gym in the Kalorama area in D.C. There is also Primal Fitness and CrossFit Alexandria. (Sorry if I am missing anyone!) There even may be an affiliate opening up in North Arlington itself (CrossFit Potomac). There are threads on pretty much all of these options.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Alex Reynolds

Profile:

Oh I know that there is a lot available. I trained at CrossFit Fairfax for about 3 months when I first came here, but like I said, it is just out of the question for as busy as I am. I can do a weekend gig here and there at Primal Fitness, Fairfax, DC, Alexandria, or whatever, but as you know, driving 5 miles around here translates to 30-40 mins of pain in the A@#

Also, I heard crossfit potomac will be in DC, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Georgia Nixon

Profile:

Hi Alex! Welcome to Arlington. I'd suggest checking out CrossFit Challenge Old Town with Jerry Hill. The team is amazing, the classes are well-scheduled and Jerry is awesome. Also, that whole 30-40 minutes to get anywhere thing isn't an issue. I, too, live in North Arlington (Lee & Lorcom Ln) and it takes me 20 minutes to get to class...just hop on the GW Parkway at Spout Run and it takes you right into Old Town. Plus, you get a great view of the city and monuments.

Due to my schedule I can't typically make the weekend workouts at CFOT so I head over to Washington & Lee High School's Track or the park by the library because there is a playground to do chins on. I've seen a few other CF types at those two locations also...

I'd also recommend the Exorcist Steps!!! Awesome workout. Just don't trip on any students or tourists.

Last edited by Georgia Nixon : 04-15-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Bryan Veis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Nixon View Post
Due to my schedule I can't typically make the weekend workouts at CFOT so I head over to Washington & Lee High School's Track or the park by the library because there is a playground to do chins on.

Not to be picky or anything , but there's no "and" in the name. It's Washington-Lee High School in Arlington. Washington and Lee University is in Lexington, way out in the Shenandoah Valley.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
Alex Reynolds

Profile:

Does Washington and Lee have a pull up bar at their track??
Old 04-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Georgia Nixon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Veis View Post
Not to be picky or anything , but there's no "and" in the name. It's Washington-Lee High School in Arlington. Washington and Lee University is in Lexington, way out in the Shenandoah Valley.
Sorry! Like most around here, I'm a transplant and my Virginia vocab can be off. However, I can tell you all about why March 2nd is the most important date of the year, if you'd like

Glad to see a yankee with some state pride, though!!! I really do love it.

Alex - there are some bars around (like from the soccer goals) but I'm too short to reach any of them myself.

PS - No one get on me about the yankee comment, please. I was raised in the manner of, "If you ain't from Texas, you're a Yankee."

In the words of the Austin Lounge Lizards:
By God we're so darn proud to be from Texas - yahoo!
Even of our pride we're proud and we're proud of that pride, too...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 AM   #8
Bryan Veis

Profile:

No apologies necessary. I think I qualify as a "yankee" under any definition. I grew up so close to the Canadian border that we could spit across it. I have lived in Arlington for the past 30 years, though, and have sent two kids though Washington-Lee High School.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
Anna Romagnoli

Profile:

There is a (pullup) bar at the bottom of the exorcist stairs in georgetown (right over the key bridge)
Old 04-19-2008, 05:31 AM   #10
Chad Skola

Profile:

I was in Arlington(pentagon city) until last August. I kind of sort of in a weird way miss it. I dont miss the traffic that is for sure. So if I was still their I would be in. I guess that does not really help you though. Of course I did not know what CF was then and if I would have stayed I may have never found the path to true happiness. Oh good like find someone. I have a couple friends over there that need to start doing CF though.
70in/150#Go to my website to make a donation to a young 13 year old. Your donation will help make living with Cerebral Palsy a little bit easier. His name is Dax and his story can be found from my site also.