CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
Ted Williams

Profile:
Ok, all you Crossfit folks in LE...I've got an issue here. I posted a number of months ago how I had to buy all new clothes because I've dropped a number of pants sizes. Well, I'm sitting at my desk right now, in size 31 jeans, with a Glock 19 IWB...and my jeans are loose enough to be annoying (use to have 34 jeans that were tight with IWB).

My wife spent a patient 3 hours shopping for clothes with me this last weekend. Most of that time was me trying on about 20 different pairs of jeans trying to find some that fit me now.

It seems that they are either too tight in the legs, but with an ok waist...or too loose in the waist with baggy legs...Ideally I'd just like to have a pair of jeans that I can carry IWB with, and not have to worry about pulling my pants up all the time.

For the record, I have a nice gun belt, and use a customized CompTac C-Tac holster.

Any recommendations for brands? I'm not looking for Carhartts or anything like that...I'd like some new fangled office safe jeans (ie - trendy)...maybe trendy doesn't work with guns? :dunno:
Old 11-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Don't know about trendy and I'm no LEO and for dang sure I don't know nuthing 'bout no Glock... but Western wear stores always have the best selection of sizes, especially for us non-obese types.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
Ted Williams

Profile:
Hmm, will have to look into that. Yeah, the wife and I were wondering if it was a 'larger' cultural issue...harder to find clothes that fit skinny people (at least in my experience)...but stores always seem to have a nice stock of XL on up...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Peter Queen

Profile:
"...but stores always seem to have a nice stock of XL on up..."

Ted, ha, where do you shop. Being 6ft 5in 260lbs with a 38" waist, I can't find clothes. When I do, they look like they belong to circus performers. What, they think big people don't have taste???:angry:

And it really ticks me off when I see the hoodlum wanna-be's and OGs wearing those really baggy clothes that I know they probably got from the the tall man sections of the department stores.:ranting2:

Anyway, I don't know your overall dimensions but have you tried some on-line stores?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Sam Lepore

Profile:
Ted--

Perfect solution.

I have never used them but I heard good things.

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/

Let us know what you think if you order some.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
Joshua Hass

Profile:
I wear 30-32" waist jeans, and have the same issues with my thighs not fitting in jeans. I've found Mavi brand jeans to be both acceptable in the club as well as in the office. They are a little bit more than Levi's, but in my experience they last and are definitely worth the money.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
Dorie Ann Geissler

Profile:
You could try the Levi's 569's (I can't remember if they changed the number). My husband wears them they are loose in the legs, straight leg and look pretty good too. Trendier color washes are sometimes hard to find. Khol's usually has them for about $25 -$30. You could also see what brands carry a loose, or baggy fit, many do.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #8
Blair Sutton

Profile:
I've ordered from www.makeyourownjeans.com and I'm never going to a store again.

I was scared to order since I usually try on around 50 pairs to find one or two that fits. But with a few simple measurements they make jeans that will fit you perfectly. It's the first time I've felt like I wasn't going to split the seams every time I squated down, plus they actually fit my waist (imagine that!). The fabric is better quality that what I would normaly buy at the Gap or other stores. Forget searching through stores, just get a fabric tape measure and get yourself the perfect pair of jeans.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:12 AM   #9
Tom Brose

Profile:
Chuck Norris Action jeans, with the special gussetted crotch for high kicks!!!

(bonus points for Acid Wash)
Old 11-15-2006, 07:38 AM   #10
Jerry Berg

Profile:

i posted this somewhere before...find a pair of jeans that fit in the legs and are close on the waist size.

take them to your tailor/alterations store and for about 15 bucks they can alter the waist/rise. trust me it works, i had it done on all my suit pants and a pair of jeans.