CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Matthew Vesey

Profile:
Re: Lovely little cocktail of ailments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wayne Campbell View Post
I'm following your thread bc I also have back issues - but as an OB/GYN who sees breast cancer too often, I know full well it can occurr in males. Even if your lump is not excised, a core needle biopsy is a simple procedure you could have to rule out malignancy. Sounds like you are getting ****ty care, don't give up.
Thanks!

I have gotten in contact with my M.O who said it was unacceptable that I was ignored and is now trying to find me a new surgeon. I think she should find two surgeons, 1 for me and 1 to surgically remove the other surgeons head from his hind parts . The injuries and ailments could not have come at a worse time. Since I am discharging from the Forces, nobody wants to touch me. The big issue is that the wait times for military healthcare are short whereas the wait times for the civilian side are ridiculous (Example: Emergency heart surgery for my dad was booked for January when the month was May- the same goes for other serious complications).
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 06-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Chris Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
I think she should find two surgeons, 1 for me and 1 to surgically remove the other surgeons head from his hind parts .

im glad to see youre still keeping a positive attitude through all this man. I think it is really s***ty how the system does people after theyve gotten what they wanted from them, hopefully you get this taken care of before anything progresses.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post

im glad to see youre still keeping a positive attitude through all this man. I think it is really s***ty how the system does people after theyve gotten what they wanted from them, hopefully you get this taken care of before anything progresses.
Keeping positive is all I can do. I can't afford to sit back and have a pity party. I am fairly bitter towards the medical care I have been given so far but I am not letting it get in the way of my day to day. Hopefully I get some form of answer soon though!
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
Phil Washlow

Profile:

The surgeons actions are very disappointing, I hope that you get this all figured out, impressed by your positivity.

Can't someone come up with a way to PREVENT people from being sick so when something important, like this and your dad's heart, comes up there are enough resources to handle it..... oh wait I think that's CrossFit

Good luck with everything
Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Washlow View Post
The surgeons actions are very disappointing, I hope that you get this all figured out, impressed by your positivity.

Can't someone come up with a way to PREVENT people from being sick so when something important, like this and your dad's heart, comes up there are enough resources to handle it..... oh wait I think that's CrossFit

Good luck with everything
Thanks! I anxiously await a response from my Doctor and Case Manager for a solution to this problem!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Newest Update: Just had surgery (Excisional Biopsy) on August.13th. From what I heard during the inter-colleague chit-chat, a "4" mass was removed from my right pec". I get to find out the good news in 2 weeks (hopefully not malignant). The strange thing is that I am in absolutely no pain at all after surgery. I Have not even touched my pain meds that I was prescribed (Dilaudid) and have healed so fast that I was given the green to start lifting around day 10. The other strange thing is that after the mass was removed from my pec and I came off of the anesthesia, I noticed the awful back pain I have had was almost non-existent. With this down-time, I am hoping for a recovery of both my back and my chest so I can get back into lifting 100%. It has been boring doing nothing but Presses and rowing.

Any clue as to why my back pain from the herniated discs miraculously feels great for the first time in 3 months?

Thanks,
-Matt