CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
Damien Del Russo

Profile:
Some of you may be familiar with the CrossFit Infants program. For those of you who don't know it, it involves the application of CrossFit methodology to infant development in preparation for CrossFitKids, adult CrossFit, and finally CrossFitGeezers.

I was very proud today of my daughter Isis. She managed a 1/2 Barney at just 4 months old. Her time was pretty good too at about 6 minutes for the four full reps. It's true she was groaning on the last rep but she did her daddy proud and grinded out the last rep.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Barney, it consists of 8-10 assisted crawl steps.

First, place the infant on your stomach, either flat or on a slight incline. Assistance is provided by placing the hands under the infants' feet to provide a stable platform for pushing. The infant pushes with his/her legs until he/she is at the face level of the parent. That is one rep. Replace on stomach and repeat. Encourage to child to show some humanity, man.

Note that a full Barney is 8-10 reps; a 1/2 Barney is 4-5 reps.

I will post video if I can get one of her impressive accomplishments on tape.

Enjoy the filthy fifty,

Damien
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Roger Harrell

Profile:
LOL love it. Early athletic education has enormous lifelong impact. As we've moved more and more towards an intellectually based culture we have severely neglected physical development (the arts are dying too). Expose your children to top notch education physically, intellectually and artistically. The difference in them as adults will be staggering. Also, get it started early.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
:biggrin: I love it! Never to young to start ya know?!

Next step will be the assisted T-Rex. Either holding one of your fingers in each hand or along a couch, standing on 2 feet, one foot in front of the other for as many reps as they can.