CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #11
Joe Fortenberry

Profile:
Re: Best Vibram FiveFingers for CF

man, this is tough. i guess my next question is, is there any drawback to the KSOs? Besides the $5 over the Sprints. Oh and another thing, where the heck do I get these things? According to my local stores, Vibram can't make these things fast enough and everywhere else seems to be sold out. Men's 42 in a color other than solid black or solid brown, and my wife has vetoed the Blue Camo ones.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
Tim Nakashima

Profile:

I've got the KSO's and LOVE them. I went with those over the others because I figured they'd help keep dirt and rocks out when running on varied terrain as they're more enclosed.

I haven't found any drawbacks yet. I have the all black ones and overheating hasn't been an issue with them even when working out/running/casual in 100+ degree heat.

I bought mine from kayakshed.com and their customer service is excellent.

Good Luck,

Tim
Old 07-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #13
Quinn Walkley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fortenberry View Post
man, this is tough. i guess my next question is, is there any drawback to the KSOs? Besides the $5 over the Sprints. Oh and another thing, where the heck do I get these things? According to my local stores, Vibram can't make these things fast enough and everywhere else seems to be sold out. Men's 42 in a color other than solid black or solid brown, and my wife has vetoed the Blue Camo ones.
I know that the luke's locker in the woodlands carries them. Check out the luke's locker website and find one close to you in Houston. I also live in Houston and would think the sprints would be better due to the heat.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
Leanne M Lloyd

Profile:

When I went to try out some vibrams I went with the Sprints. I really wanted a pair of classics but when I flexed my foot all the way I could feel them slip... I figured they would rub/fall off while sprinting since I'm accustomed to sprinting on the balls of my feet. I've been really happy with the sprints. I wore them around for a couple of days to break and they fit even better now than they did when I bought them.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of KSOs for water sports eventually, a pair of flows for cold weather and a pair of classics for wearing out and about... all in good time.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #15
Rolf Whitney

Profile:

KSOs...and you are right...they can't make them fast enough.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #16
Joe Fortenberry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn Walkley View Post
I know that the luke's locker in the woodlands carries them. Check out the luke's locker website and find one close to you in Houston. I also live in Houston and would think the sprints would be better due to the heat.
yea, i actually live in the woodlands and thats where i went to try them on. they only have the black classics and the black/red sprints in my size. oh well, it looks like i'll have some time to decide since my color/size preference is not available anywhere. probably best, its not like i needed to spend the $80 right now.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #17
Matt Berardi

Profile:

KSO have treated me very well
Old 07-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #18
TJ Potts

Profile:

I use the KSO's for all workouts except my my lifts(i do however use them for DL). I have no complaints with them and they are holding up well.

I do however recommend trying your best to find them in store to try them on. I was a full size off from what I thought I needed.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #19
Paul Eichengrun

Profile:

I've have a pair of the classics and use them for everything except olympic lifting. They are my running shoes for both sprints and 5k's. I have never had a problem with slipping or a loose feeling during running or any other workout. I don't even use the elastic tightening string. For my feet, properly sized classics have no slipping issues whatsoever.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
Quinn Walkley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fortenberry View Post
yea, i actually live in the woodlands and thats where i went to try them on. they only have the black classics and the black/red sprints in my size. oh well, it looks like i'll have some time to decide since my color/size preference is not available anywhere. probably best, its not like i needed to spend the $80 right now.
do you crossfit out of your garage? I am in the woodlands as well.