CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #14431
Patrick Haskell

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

So, did you really take a rest day, or did you simply skip posting yesterday?

Good on you for listening to your trainer. You have amazing stamina, but there will be some nice gains for you with the extra rest. Are you strategizing your workout to make the most of that rest time, like doing max effort work on Thursday and skill work Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
This, now take this with a grain of salt, you are way faster and better at crossfit then me. One think I run into that has slowed me down it going TO hard. Going at your best strongest pace I think is better then going faster then that because it is game time. You have been in comps so you have seen what I'm talking about.

Richard did this great. He did the regionals that one year and posted a video of him doing snatches DUs and a sprint I think. He won that round and he never looked rattled. He was in his own pace doing exactly what he KNEW he could do.

My mistake is going harder because it is a comp and I get burned some times.

Now saying that, If cindy comes up then it is 100% go. Because you know you can go all out on that workout and not burn out.
Going too hard in comps has always been my downfall. Pacing works in all sports. I remember doing regionals next to Dale Saran one year. He's a grizzled Crossfit veteran and looks the part with his marine haircut and thighs a foot across. He figured out his race pace ahead of each event, and he'd do a round, look at his watch, wait for the time to tick by, and start his next round on schedule to keep his measured pace. I"m not sure if this saved him enough energy for a finishing kick, as I was delirious by then, but he certainly outperformed me.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #14432
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Scott! Super happy to see you are kicking arse like always. I didn't know you did the London throwdown, must have been mad! After reading your write up, i can only congratulate you on day 2 and tell you to work those bloody skills!

Go hard in the Open my friend!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #14433
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Looks like a fun time Scott. Way to psych out the other guy into missing his reps
Apparently he's judge (Matt Williams) said he spent the whole workout looking to see where I was, so as soon as he slowed I went at it, still he's only been doing this for 5 months so will be getting harder to psyche out in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
So, did you really take a rest day, or did you simply skip posting yesterday?

Good on you for listening to your trainer. You have amazing stamina, but there will be some nice gains for you with the extra rest. Are you strategizing your workout to make the most of that rest time, like doing max effort work on Thursday and skill work Saturday?
Oh yes the rest day was done. I still went in the gym and done a slow 1000m row and 30 minutes of mobility.

My training is following the CM2 template, I don't have time to get to the gym when the classes have finished so have to join in with everybody else which means following the plan. There's time before and after to work on goats as long as you do not disturb the classes. Main aim right now is to put as much effort into the strength and oly as they are definately my weaknesses right now, thats 1-5rm anyhow, I have 50rm lifts covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
Scott! Super happy to see you are kicking arse like always. I didn't know you did the London throwdown, must have been mad! After reading your write up, i can only congratulate you on day 2 and tell you to work those bloody skills!

Go hard in the Open my friend!
Richard , it was like a complete Night & day from Saturday to Sunday, definately came out of it with a huge positive and that was I have Europe (40+) in open type workouts, not skills or sprinting in straight lines but amraps and rounds for time are mine!

CM2 is really advancing with the Oly stuff and I intend to jump in and get the skills needed, had a knee injury followed by a busy competitive month so lost some time on the oly stuff there, back on it from NOW.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #14434
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

4 February 2013

Elevated HSPU 10k plates - 5/4/4/3

Clean Pulls

40k x 8
60k x 5
80k x 5
90k x 5
90k x 5
90k x 5

Just concentrated on trying to get the whole pull and contact higher on my legs. Not greatly successful, think my legs stick out in the middle.

Tabatas x 8 of the following:

50k Clean & Jerks - 44
Squat Bar Jumps - 64
Chest to Bar Pull ups - 56
One Legged Burpees - 42 - Total 206

Got the win mostly due to my c2b pull ups, killed everyone there.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #14435
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Looks like a good one today Scotty.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #14436
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Looks like a good one today Scotty.
Its the KB snatch , box jump workout, we seem to get a version of this every 10 days and I am yet to win this concoction, today will be the time.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #14437
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Its the KB snatch , box jump workout, we seem to get a version of this every 10 days and I am yet to win this concoction, today will be the time.
Yes it will, I like the snatch complex pre workout too.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #14438
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Yes it will, I like the snatch complex pre workout too.
My snatch is getting better, getting the hips open more. The workout was good but I still have not won that kind of workout, lost out by 5 reps today.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #14439
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

5 February 2013

20 minutes muscle ups, about 50 reps practice.

Snatch Complex - Power Snatch/Hang Power Snatch

40k x 1 x 2
50k x 1 x 5
60k x 1 x 3

All good, couple of misses, not enough time to build up any bigger.

Front Squats

90k x 3
100k x 3
110k x 3
110k x 3

Getting back to old strength since knee.

10 minute amrap:

6 Box Jumps 30"
10 Push Ups
8 KB Snatch Right 24k
8 KB Snatch Left 24k - 7 rounds 15 reps

Was trailing by almost a round, kept the same pace throughout, all unbroken but slow box jumps, the others really slowed at the end and I caught all but one who got me by 5 reps.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #14440
Nik Nichols

Profile:

NICE!! That shows that your steady pace paid off. Great work and great lesson there!