CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
Aaron Greiner

Profile:
Exclamation Any Mainers out there?

Hey I just moved to Maine a few months back, and wondered if there were plans to get a gym going up here. I am stationed at NAS Brunswick, so it would be great if there was someone else from there doing CrossFit.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Brian Rivera

Profile:
Re: Any Mainers out there?

HeyAaron,
I just moved here from NY and have also been looking for others to do Crossfit with. I have not really done a whole lot, just a few exercises on my own. We are moving to Gray in a week, I know that is kinda far for you. I have some weights to get a good workout at home, but not a whole lot. I hope to add on little by little. Like i said, I am just starting but would like to get more into it. So if you find others here in the area, let me know.
Brian
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
John Gwozdz

Profile:

Brian, I am actually in the Lake Region area. Naples to be exact, probably about 20-30 mins from you. Me and a few friends plan on doing a lot of crossfit this summer, I am in the process of fabricating a pullup station to do pullups, hang rings and punching bags, etc. I also have kettlebells, rings, d-balls, oly bars, and over 400lbs in bumpers. I just got back from California, so I am still getting settled and set up, but if you are looking for people to work out with let me know, as I always am.

-Jack
Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Mainiacs....gotta love 'em. Kinda like Masswholes.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
Ian Peterson

Profile:

Not a Mainer yet but i will be once my time in the Corps is up. Wife is from brunswick area, i'm usually up there a couple times a year. Maine is definately the way life should be.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Brian Rivera

Profile:

John, sounds great. I will close on a house this Friday, in Gray. So i am good to go this summer, just let me know. Hit me up on my email, brian.rivera6@gmail.com and we can exchange phone #'s. Ian, give me a call when you get out here as well. I just moved here myself, from NY. My wife is orig. from Maine. I just got out of the Air Force, i now have a full time position in the Air Guard unit in South Portland. Good luck on your transition.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
Christopher Bean

Profile:

I live in Freeport, and have been doing crossfit on my own between home and work in Augusta. I don't have a facility or much of anything at home but a pull-up bar/rings and about 200lbs in weights. I am going to the cert in Vassleboro 19-20 June, trying all I can to get something going...
Old 05-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
John Gwozdz

Profile:

I will be hitting that one up as well, actually I think im doing the 20-21st. The one open to public, you must be law enforcement Chris?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
Rich Knipping

Profile:

there is a group of CF'ers in the augusta area that train regularly in winthrop at united fitness. we have one level 1 cert and another going to the june cert as a game warden. still getting equipment, but there is early talk of getting something official going in the augusta area.

if you guys want, drop me an email and i'll send you all updates on what's going on with a facility if you want. guys in the freeport and brunswick area would be ok but gray might be a bit of a drive.

glad to see some CF'ers close by!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #10
Christopher Bean

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gwozdz View Post
I will be hitting that one up as well, actually I think im doing the 20-21st. The one open to public, you must be law enforcement Chris?
I am in the National guard and I have a previous commitment on the 21st of June. I pulled some strings and they let me go to what was the LEO but is now open to public safety officials...