CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #11
Chuck Golden

Profile:
Re: Suggestion for beginner footwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Never mind. Not worth arguing about.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Never mind. Not worth arguing about.
Oh yeah?!?!?! Yes it is!!!! You take that back!!!

- Mark
Old 01-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #13
Miles Roberts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Meador-Levy View Post
Sorry I am just not one to support companies that who're themselves out to CrossFit people, progenex reebok and the like overcharge because CrossFit people are used to wasting huge cash every month on classes so what's 80.00 for 30 servings of protein whey and 90.00 for some leather converse that labeled as "powerlifting shoes"
You come to a CrossFit forum and talk about how people are wasting huge money by paying for CrossFit training?

lol.

Go on. Tell us more.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:23 AM   #14
Jennifer Munzner

Profile:

I wore my Nike Frees for a few years and refused to buy into Crossfit specific shoes until I thought the only thing holding me back was shoes. Well, I found myself with a fantastic deal on Nano Speeds and I will only buy these shoes from now on (at least until they change the model and they no longer fit). Before I got these shoes I had developed some nagging plantar fasciitis issues and for about four months had on and off difficulties. After a week with these shoes I haven't had a single problem with it. I've had them three months now and they're still fantastic. I've never had the 2.0 or 3.0s, but the Speeds are perfect for me, I just hope they don't go and ruin, I mean, change future models.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
Chuck Golden

Profile:

I didn't buy CF specific shoes until I was almost two years in and honestly I can't say they made a huge difference. I like the shoes I have now but it's not like I was suffering (performance or recovery or progress wise) with the shoes I had before.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #16
Eric Coulson

Profile:

I'll second the tone of this thread that Nanos are the bomb (and no, I swear I'm not making any coin from anyone or any company to say this). And I don't even have 3.0s. I have the 2.0s. They are truly very comfortable for all CrossFitting activity. The only thing I haven't tried in them is a run greater than 1 mile. I would agree with any sentiment that they're a bit overpriced, much like anything from the Reebok CrossFit store. Wait until you can find them on sale somewhere. I got my 2.0s for $85 and I'm of the opinion that it was money VERY well spent. Just my $.02. Thanks, carry on.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #17
David Barnes Langston Jr

Profile:

Sometimes you can order shoes through your CF affiliate and get a decent discount. When folks get their certification they often get discounts that they will share with others. That is how I have purchased most of my Reebock stuff.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #18
Chuck Golden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Coulson View Post
I'll second the tone of this thread that Nanos are the bomb (and no, I swear I'm not making any coin from anyone or any company to say this). And I don't even have 3.0s. I have the 2.0s. They are truly very comfortable for all CrossFitting activity. The only thing I haven't tried in them is a run greater than 1 mile. I would agree with any sentiment that they're a bit overpriced, much like anything from the Reebok CrossFit store. Wait until you can find them on sale somewhere. I got my 2.0s for $85 and I'm of the opinion that it was money VERY well spent. Just my $.02. Thanks, carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnes Langston Jr View Post
Sometimes you can order shoes through your CF affiliate and get a decent discount. When folks get their certification they often get discounts that they will share with others. That is how I have purchased most of my Reebock stuff.
Also if you can find a reebok outlet close to you you can at least get a pretty good deal. They just opened one relatively close to me and they had a "buy one get the next at $25" deal on all their shoes. I picked up something really similar to the Nanos, One Trainers I think, and a second pair of "walk around" shoes for right at $100
Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #19
Enrico Chacon

Profile:

When I started CrossFit in June I wore some K-swiss sneakers that I had lying around. They were fine until I had WODs that required alot of running. I switched to my Nike Free sneakers and they were fine but the jump rope kept on getting stuck in the grooves.

I eventually bought the Nano 2.0 from a reebok outlet for a great deal, $40! And I have noticed the difference between the Nanos and the Frees. Sneakers feel less squishy during deadlifts, snatches, etc.

I did get my wife a pair of Nano uform trainers for 19.99 at the reebok outlets. And she doesn't even workout.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Miles Roberts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Golden View Post
Also if you can find a reebok outlet close to you you can at least get a pretty good deal. They just opened one relatively close to me and they had a "buy one get the next at $25" deal on all their shoes. I picked up something really similar to the Nanos, One Trainers I think, and a second pair of "walk around" shoes for right at $100
Very true. My wife got the "one" trainers, and there doesn't look to be that much difference between them and the Nanos, and the 'ones' were much cheaper. Plus, she liked the color of the 'ones' more than the nanos. And as we all know, that's just as important as anything else.

I tried lots of stuff though. A couple different pairs of running shoes (spongy when heavy lifting, toes wearing out), a couple different pairs of my old indoor soccer shoes (didn't have the room for toes to splay and really feel planted) to some 'casual/walking' type shoes. All, honestly, were ok to use for a while. But nothing has felt as good as the nanos.