CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #41
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:
Re: Anatabloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lawson View Post
In the phraseology of your question is an implication that you know the answer to your question and are announcing your conclusion to the readers here. Though I think the question is rhetorical, it is a question, so:

Obviously, I'm new here but I know something about and have an interest in this subject . Over the weekend I decided to see if I could set the record straight where I was concerned, here. I tried. You, of course, may choose to believe and say whatever you want.
"Interest in the subject"? Really, you (who ever you are) have been all over facebook and seekingalpha.com doing the same thing since late last summer.

You sir are hilarious.

Let me Google that for you

Old 02-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
Mike Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phraseology wfs

Overvocabularising is great until you entirely change the meaning of what you are saying.

See what I did there?
Interesting. I'm not too old to learn. You know what I meant what would have been the right word? Phrasing?

Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #43
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phraseology wfs

Overvocabularising is great until you entirely change the meaning of what you are saying.

See what I did there?
Quote:
Interesting. I'm not too old to learn. You know what I meant what would have been the right word? Phrasing?
He did not see what you did there....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facepalm_9a08b9_59080.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	11665  

Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #44
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Of course I knew what you meant. Maybe just "wording?" I was simply trying to illustrate that I think part of the problem with why you're not getting the reception you expected is it looks a little condescending to come in and use unncecessarily large words like that.

Now, I will freely admit I don't know anything about anti-inflammatory supplements and the like. They may work, they may not. All I'm saying is, $100 a month seems a lot to spend when there's an equally effective solution in simply cleaning up your diet.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #45
Mike Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Of course I knew what you meant. Maybe just "wording?" I was simply trying to illustrate that I think part of the problem with why you're not getting the reception you expected is it looks a little condescending to come in and use unncecessarily large words like that.

Now, I will freely admit I don't know anything about anti-inflammatory supplements and the like. They may work, they may not. All I'm saying is, $100 a month seems a lot to spend when there's an equally effective solution in simply cleaning up your diet.
Crap. Sorry, it was the first word that popped into my head. I'm not sure what reception I expected, really. Maybe more talk about peoples experience? Less about me? I like the girl with the horse flogged emoticon, though. I know I'm not getting anywhere.....so go Ducks!

An interesting aside is y'all hit a new google alert

"Web 2 new results for anatabloc

Anatabloc - Page 4 - CrossFit Discussion Board
Dude, your first post (and to this point, all 5 of your posts) was a blatant advertisement for an overpriced supplement of questionable efficacy. Do you seriously ...
board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?p=1139623 " fws

Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #46
Richard Deyan

Profile:

Quote:
Crap. Sorry, it was the first word that popped into my head. I'm not sure what reception I expected, really. Maybe more talk about peoples experience? Less about me? I like the girl with the horse flogged emoticon, though. I know I'm not getting anywhere.....so go Ducks!

An interesting aside is y'all hit a new google alert

"Web 2 new results for anatabloc

Anatabloc - Page 4 - CrossFit Discussion Board
Dude, your first post (and to this point, all 5 of your posts) was a blatant advertisement for an overpriced supplement of questionable efficacy. Do you seriously ...
board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?p=1139623 " fws
What does that say? That people have never heard of Anatabloc and want to google it to see what information will pop up. It doesn't mean people are purchasing it. Correlation is not causation.

Let's just say hypothetically it does work, and work WELL. Someone older as you say may actually see some improvement from the product. It's still $100 a month? It's simply not as cost-effective as other things. That and the fact that this thread has done nothing but successfully portray you as the guy trying to deceive the fact that he's not selflessly promoting a product when there's plenty to suggest otherwise.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #47
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

It's cool, reported for what it is.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #48
Mike Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Deyan View Post
What does that say? That people have never heard of Anatabloc and want to google it to see what information will pop up. It doesn't mean people are purchasing it. Correlation is not causation.

Let's just say hypothetically it does work, and work WELL. Someone older as you say may actually see some improvement from the product. It's still $100 a month? It's simply not as cost-effective as other things. That and the fact that this thread has done nothing but successfully portray you as the guy trying to deceive the fact that he's not selflessly promoting a product when there's plenty to suggest otherwise.
So besides dumbing it down I should use an alias and talk about something I have no experience in and know nothing about and then I'll fit in better. Where's the emoticon for beating your head against the wall?

You should ask your moderator or the IT people to get rid of the topic and you'll never have to suffer it again. At least, look into "google alerts" so you understand that little bit. Set a google alert for "autoimmune disease."

"effective solution in simply cleaning up your diet" If that was simple, obesity would not be an epidemic.

Oh and if you're a good shopper you can get 300 tablets for less than $70.00 but I won't tell you where. Now, that would be advertising.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #49
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
So besides dumbing it down I should use an alias and talk about something I have no experience in and know nothing about and then I'll fit in better. Where's the emoticon for beating your head against the wall?

You should ask your moderator or the IT people to get rid of the topic and you'll never have to suffer it again. At least, look into "google alerts" so you understand that little bit. Set a google alert for "autoimmune disease."

"effective solution in simply cleaning up your diet" If that was simple, obesity would not be an epidemic.

Oh and if you're a good shopper you can get 300 tablets for less than $70.00 but I won't tell you where. Now, that would be advertising.
Bold is obviously addressed to me. Don't get all passive-aggressive here, I tried to explain nicely but you obviously decided to get defensive like every other post that people aren't flocking to you and saying we want this miracle pill. Usually if it's too good to be true, it is.

It IS as simple as cleaning up the diet. The reason we have an obesity epidemic is because people refuse to do that. If you didn't notice (which if you didn't then you are REALLY dense, since you've described your product started as a nicotine substitute), our society also has a drug epidemic - and I'm talking about totally legal drugs of all types. I know I speak for a lot of people on these boards when I say I'd rather stay healthy from living correctly than from getting on myriad medications of questionable efficacy.

As for "dumbing it down," you can take that as you want. Just know that there are smarter people than you here that understand exactly what you say no matter how you say it, they just would rather be understood by a larger audience than try to impress people with their vocabulary.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #50
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Quote:
You're kidding, right?

It is, in fact, that easy. However, implementing a clean diet is what trips people up. Why? Usually because of cost, whether it be in the form of monetary cost or efficiency cost. That or people are flat-out ignorant as to how to maintain healthy bodies.