CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #31
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Anatabloc

Dude, your first post (and to this point, all 5 of your posts) was a blatant advertisement for an overpriced supplement of questionable efficacy. Do you seriously not see why people might be suspicious of your motives?

Old 02-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #32
Brett Dartt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Dude, your first post (and to this point, all 5 of your posts) was a blatant advertisement for an overpriced supplement of questionable efficacy. Do you seriously not see why people might be suspicious of your motives?
He must be new to the internets

Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #33
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Mike you didn't 'find' this thread. It's over a year old, which means you had to have searched for it deliberately.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #34
Tony Victor

Profile:

The evidence for anatabloc is quite weak. I could give many examples of substances that had efficacy in mice studies but that failed in human studies.

If you're looking for something to cut inflammation, I can recommend a couple of things that have a lot more evidence behind them.

1. Low dose aspirin, 81mg/day. Lowers inflammation, which is one of the reasons it is believed to cut heart attack and heart disease risk. There's also ample evidence that it significantly cuts cancer risk for the same reason.

2. Don't like aspirin? Then try curcumin. A TON of studies on this one. One problem is that it's hard to get enough past the glucuronidation detoxifying system of the intestines and liver. It's not known whether the metabolites have a therapeutic effect. I take Longvida, a special lipid-coated curcumin product that has been shown to sneak by the liver and actually get into tissues.

3. Grapeseed extract. Certainly more evidence for reducing inflammation than Anatabloc.

Last edited by Tony Victor : 02-16-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #35
Mike Lawson

Profile:
Re: Anatabloc Note: links posted are work safe & family friendly

I’ll grant you that this may not interest young folks who have not yet experienced the slings and arrows of aging or injury. Those injured, people over 50 and those sharing genes with people suffering autoimmune illnesses may want to give this a closer look.

I want to get this in before you get me banned, though, if your moderator is wise the focus will be on the number of hits here last week. I have “anatabloc, anatabine, Star Scientific, C-Reactive Protein, Roskamp Institute, Dr. Paul Ladenson, Dr. Patrizio Caturegli, Dr. Fiona Crawford and Dr Michael Mullan (and other esteemed research scientists) set up for Google auto alerts, sent to my email. I received 3 separate alerts for this CrossFit/Anatabloc thread last week. If you thought I was a geek, there’s your proof.

I had half a dozen emails like this “I see where you got pretty beat up on CrossFits board..….” and “why bother with them?” My answer to that is easy. Impersonal Internet pot shots are easy to hurl but because of my own experiences and the experiences of friends and family, I am mindful about maybe helping someone find some answers as we have found.

In so many words you have basically called me a deceiver, advertiser, liar, inept and salesman. (Dale Carnegie would take a dim view of my tactic of ****ing people off and he would call me anything but a salesman, maybe if I had come here all sweet and endearing….) It’s impossible to say if an unwary person arriving at this thread would call me a charlatan or you bullies. If they know anything about Anatabloc they know that your responses to me regarding Anatabloc, although some are clever, contain zero, repeat, zero fact.

One funny guy would have you think that acclaimed Alzheimer’s researcher, Dr Michael Mullan, is part of some salacious cabal because he is a distinguished member of a study team. ……btw, "HFL Sport Science that found Anatabloc® to contain no banned substances" was lifted from an athletes forum. I guess the proper thing would have been to put it in quotation marks. That reminds me, I'd better check my spelling. I like the “diesel mechanics” and “new to the internets” comments the best.

You see, late 2010 or early 2011, I stumbled across stories about anatabine and a new product called CiGRX. CiGRX was being marketed as a non-nicotine product that can be an alternative for when smokers want to light up but can’t, like in an airplane or restaurant. I focused on people who had tried it and their comments about surprise results. In short order, so many astonishing accidental new side benefits were reported.

In my own mind I had nothing to lose and herein embarrassingly admit my problems were 99% my own doing but I won’t bore you with the details. In March, I tried some CiGRX and within the first week experienced reduced sinus inflammation, reduced gums inflammation and reduced prostate inflammation with maybe one nighttime bathroom visit, if that, instead of my previous norm of 3 to 5 visits. RA stiffness and pain in my left hand and fingers also went away. There is much, much more to my story but you won’t believe me anyway, I find it tough at times myself.

Fascinated, it was at this time that I started keeping a list of Internet testimonies (and eventually getting emails). In hindsight, I should have copied and saved them in total but I simply collected the basic ailment and comment that might explain the associated benefit. That list, like my story, is also unbelievable because it currently includes 192 items. I slowed down but I still add to it when I trip over a new one. I think I have 7 new ones for 2013.

Two years ago you could hear crickets chirping if you did a search for anatabine. Last month, there were more than 500,000 visits to anatabloctrial website, if http://siteanalytics.compete.com/anatabloctrial.com/ is to be believed. Like the recent history of CrossFit, interest in this is off the charts now.

In addition to the 4 research studies already published there are 2 completed human studies that we, the public, have had an encouraging peek at while we are awaiting peer review and publication. Search anatabine at clinicaltrials.gov

1. Effect of Anatabine on Elevated Blood Levels of C-reactive Protein
2. Evaluating the Dietary Supplement Anatabloc in Thyroid Health-ASAP (Anatabloc Supplementation Autoimmune Prevention)

Still underway and recruiting are:

1. A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Effects of Anatabloc® Crème in Rosacea
2. Study to Evaluate Dietary Supplementation With a Version of Anatabloc(R) in Subjects With Alzheimer's Disease

I’m under no illusion that this will be received here any better than my other attempts so let me at least apologize for my poor communication skills in advance. If you are asking, I would say do your own research, then try it for yourself. For giggles get a CRP blood test so you can get a before and after record if you suspect inflammation issues. I had no idea what a broad topic inflammation and auto immune is 2 years ago (see NFkb).

I found this very interesting “Of the ten leading causes of mortality in the United States, chronic, low-level inflammation contributes to the pathogenesis of at least seven. These include heart disease, cancer, chronic lower respiratory disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, and nephritis. ( http://www.lef.org/protocols/health_...mmation_01.htm) The danger of chronic, low-level inflammation is that its silent nature belies its destructive power.” …. but you don’t want to get me started.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #36
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:
Re: Anatabloc Note: links posted are work safe & family friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lawson View Post
I’ll grant you that this may not interest young folks who have not yet experienced the slings and arrows of aging or injury. Those injured, people over 50 and those sharing genes with people suffering autoimmune illnesses may want to give this a closer look.

I want to get this in before you get me banned, though, if your moderator is wise the focus will be on the number of hits here last week. I have “anatabloc, anatabine, Star Scientific, C-Reactive Protein, Roskamp Institute, Dr. Paul Ladenson, Dr. Patrizio Caturegli, Dr. Fiona Crawford and Dr Michael Mullan (and other esteemed research scientists) set up for Google auto alerts, sent to my email. I received 3 separate alerts for this CrossFit/Anatabloc thread last week. If you thought I was a geek, there’s your proof.

I had half a dozen emails like this “I see where you got pretty beat up on CrossFits board..….” and “why bother with them?” My answer to that is easy. Impersonal Internet pot shots are easy to hurl but because of my own experiences and the experiences of friends and family, I am mindful about maybe helping someone find some answers as we have found.

In so many words you have basically called me a deceiver, advertiser, liar, inept and salesman. (Dale Carnegie would take a dim view of my tactic of ****ing people off and he would call me anything but a salesman, maybe if I had come here all sweet and endearing….) It’s impossible to say if an unwary person arriving at this thread would call me a charlatan or you bullies. If they know anything about Anatabloc they know that your responses to me regarding Anatabloc, although some are clever, contain zero, repeat, zero fact.

One funny guy would have you think that acclaimed Alzheimer’s researcher, Dr Michael Mullan, is part of some salacious cabal because he is a distinguished member of a study team. ……btw, "HFL Sport Science that found Anatabloc® to contain no banned substances" was lifted from an athletes forum. I guess the proper thing would have been to put it in quotation marks. That reminds me, I'd better check my spelling. I like the “diesel mechanics” and “new to the internets” comments the best.

You see, late 2010 or early 2011, I stumbled across stories about anatabine and a new product called CiGRX. CiGRX was being marketed as a non-nicotine product that can be an alternative for when smokers want to light up but can’t, like in an airplane or restaurant. I focused on people who had tried it and their comments about surprise results. In short order, so many astonishing accidental new side benefits were reported.

In my own mind I had nothing to lose and herein embarrassingly admit my problems were 99% my own doing but I won’t bore you with the details. In March, I tried some CiGRX and within the first week experienced reduced sinus inflammation, reduced gums inflammation and reduced prostate inflammation with maybe one nighttime bathroom visit, if that, instead of my previous norm of 3 to 5 visits. RA stiffness and pain in my left hand and fingers also went away. There is much, much more to my story but you won’t believe me anyway, I find it tough at times myself.

Fascinated, it was at this time that I started keeping a list of Internet testimonies (and eventually getting emails). In hindsight, I should have copied and saved them in total but I simply collected the basic ailment and comment that might explain the associated benefit. That list, like my story, is also unbelievable because it currently includes 192 items. I slowed down but I still add to it when I trip over a new one. I think I have 7 new ones for 2013.

Two years ago you could hear crickets chirping if you did a search for anatabine. Last month, there were more than 500,000 visits to anatabloctrial website, if http://siteanalytics.compete.com/anatabloctrial.com/ is to be believed. Like the recent history of CrossFit, interest in this is off the charts now.

In addition to the 4 research studies already published there are 2 completed human studies that we, the public, have had an encouraging peek at while we are awaiting peer review and publication. Search anatabine at clinicaltrials.gov

1. Effect of Anatabine on Elevated Blood Levels of C-reactive Protein
2. Evaluating the Dietary Supplement Anatabloc in Thyroid Health-ASAP (Anatabloc Supplementation Autoimmune Prevention)

Still underway and recruiting are:

1. A Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Effects of Anatabloc® Crème in Rosacea
2. Study to Evaluate Dietary Supplementation With a Version of Anatabloc(R) in Subjects With Alzheimer's Disease

I’m under no illusion that this will be received here any better than my other attempts so let me at least apologize for my poor communication skills in advance. If you are asking, I would say do your own research, then try it for yourself. For giggles get a CRP blood test so you can get a before and after record if you suspect inflammation issues. I had no idea what a broad topic inflammation and auto immune is 2 years ago (see NFkb).

I found this very interesting “Of the ten leading causes of mortality in the United States, chronic, low-level inflammation contributes to the pathogenesis of at least seven. These include heart disease, cancer, chronic lower respiratory disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, and nephritis. ( http://www.lef.org/protocols/health_...mmation_01.htm) The danger of chronic, low-level inflammation is that its silent nature belies its destructive power.” …. but you don’t want to get me started.
Okaayy

Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #37
Chris Mason

Profile:

If you are not here to promote this product why are all of your posts in this thread only?

Just a personal curiosity...

Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #38
Mike Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
If you are not here to promote this product why are all of your posts in this thread only?

Just a personal curiosity...

In the phraseology of your question is an implication that you know the answer to your question and are announcing your conclusion to the readers here. Though I think the question is rhetorical, it is a question, so:

Obviously, I'm new here but I know something about and have an interest in this subject . Over the weekend I decided to see if I could set the record straight where I was concerned, here. I tried. You, of course, may choose to believe and say whatever you want.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #39
Sara Ochsner

Profile:

Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lawson View Post
In the phraseology of your question is an implication that you know the answer to your question and are announcing your conclusion to the readers here. Though I think the question is rhetorical, it is a question, so:

Obviously, I'm new here but I know something about and have an interest in this subject . Over the weekend I decided to see if I could set the record straight where I was concerned, here. I tried. You, of course, may choose to believe and say whatever you want.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phraseology wfs

Overvocabularising is great until you entirely change the meaning of what you are saying.

See what I did there?