CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Philip Borde

Profile:
A nice endorsement

I started crossfit almost 1 month ago today. I've been doing the Brandx workouts and gaining in strength and metcon. I can feel the difference. I've gone from 1 half-a**ed pullup to 20 (in sets of 5 but still.) I love crossfit and have been telling everyone.

A couple nights ago I was talking to one of my best friends from high school. During HS we ran track and were lifeguards together. This guy, Dan, went on in college to become one of the top ten in the nation for decathlon in NCAA. And get a BA in exercise physiology. Needless to say he's quite fit. We had talked a few months back when I was deployed and he sent me some workouts and a diet to get in shape, which helped a bit.

Well I called him a few nights ago, on my way to do Cindy, to brag about Crossfit and tell him that I'd gotten my Elite Rings. I also wanted to see what he thought. When I said Crossfit he started laughing! Giggling like a little girl. I said "WTF? What you don't approve?" Immediately on the defensive.

He said "No man, they just opened a Crossfit in Albuquerque, and it's awesome! If I could recommend any workout to anyone, it would be Crossfit. You're on the right track."

I know this endorsement won't mean much to most of you because you don't know Dan, but for me it's like your father telling you "Good job" after some really difficult task. Anyway, just wanted to share, sorry for the long rant.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: A nice endorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Borde View Post
I started crossfit almost 1 month ago today. I've been doing the Brandx workouts and gaining in strength and metcon. I can feel the difference. I've gone from 1 half-a**ed pullup to 20 (in sets of 5 but still.) I love crossfit and have been telling everyone.

A couple nights ago I was talking to one of my best friends from high school. During HS we ran track and were lifeguards together. This guy, Dan, went on in college to become one of the top ten in the nation for decathlon in NCAA. And get a BA in exercise physiology. Needless to say he's quite fit. We had talked a few months back when I was deployed and he sent me some workouts and a diet to get in shape, which helped a bit.

Well I called him a few nights ago, on my way to do Cindy, to brag about Crossfit and tell him that I'd gotten my Elite Rings. I also wanted to see what he thought. When I said Crossfit he started laughing! Giggling like a little girl. I said "WTF? What you don't approve?" Immediately on the defensive.

He said "No man, they just opened a Crossfit in Albuquerque, and it's awesome! If I could recommend any workout to anyone, it would be Crossfit. You're on the right track."

I know this endorsement won't mean much to most of you because you don't know Dan, but for me it's like your father telling you "Good job" after some really difficult task. Anyway, just wanted to share, sorry for the long rant.
Awesome! BEWARE, CF is hitting the mainstream!! One of my friends trains at CF ABQ and loves it there!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Tom Brose

Profile:

Great to see you are enjoying the program. I checked out your blog, thanks for posting the info. Its nice to see people you respect are on the same wavelength.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Philip Borde

Profile:

Sarena,
I'm looking forward to an excuse to go visit Dan so I can also make a detour to Crossfit ABQ. Probably by summer, I'll make it up there. I'm actually going on vacation to San Francisco this week and am planning on hitting Crossfit SF to get some help with kips.