CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Some of you already know about this, but I wanted to start spreading the word as quickly as possible, so I'm posting this here as well.

Coach Dave Gremore periodically holds USWA certifications at his facility in Denmark, WI (near Green Bay). His next one is March 3rd-5th. I realize this might be short notice for some of you. He's also indicated that he can pretty much hold the certs anytime he has enough people interested (he needs a minimum of 6). Pretty much all we have to do is find enough interested people and decide on a weekend (IIRC - Coach Gremore schedules his cert to span from Friday afternoon through Sunday).

So far, Dave and Larry have expressed interest. I'm waiting to hear back from the CF-Rockford crew and will be giving Kelly Moore a call as soon as I'm done typing this. Apparently there's also a Packer coach interested in the course.

For those of you interested in Coach Gremore's background you can check it out here: http://members.aol.com/pwrsports2k/pages/coaches.html.

Ryan
Old 02-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
dave ojeda

Profile:
I am looking forward to this one! Ryan, didn't Coach Gremore coach with someone we all know?!?!?

Old 02-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
That's right. If I remember the conversation right he was assistant coach for the first womens' junior national team. Coach B was head coach.

Ryan
Old 02-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
Douglas Chapman

Profile:
Dave and Ryan:

If this is a go, I could make the trip from Ann Arbor. I could see if any of our trainers would come. Email me the details if you please.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 AM   #5
Karl Geissler

Profile:
Ryan-

I would have to miss this one, but keep me in the loop for future. I might be able to scare up a couple more people.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:44 AM   #6
dave ojeda

Profile:
Doug & Karl,

I believe Coach Gremore will work on us to schedule a time best for the largest number of us. But check with Ryan to make sure. Thanks Ryan for investigating this for us.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Dave's right. The OFFICIAL date for the next cert is March 3rd-5th, but I get the feeling that Coach Gremore doesn't have enough interested people yet to hold it on that date. As long as we get AT LEAST six people committed to going, he is open to the idea of scheduling on another date, as long as he has a month's advance notice.

I'm almost out the door right now, but I'll put together an email list tonight of everyone I know of that's interested (Dave, Larry, Doug, Karl, Dan) and we'll see if we can find a weekend that works well for us all.

On a side note, Coach Gremore told me he is in the process of writing a book (No One Sits The Bench). It might be a while, but will cover several aspects of O-lifting and include details of the training programs for 5 teams nationwide.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
Old 02-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
H. Giovanni Salazar

Profile:
Count me in on this one. I'll make sure to get the time off for this one.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Ryan,

I have the third off but not the fourth or fifth. I can't get them off either due to training a new dispatcher. Now I do have March 9,10,11 and 17,18,19 free....

Old 02-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #10
Bryan McWilliams

Profile:
Keep me in the loop, Can get free most weekends with notice.

I live in NC. MI is a helluva lot closer than Cali, and I would really like some quality training.