CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Ted Williams

Profile:
I have had a weird issue with my left side for a couple weeks. I'm going to see a doc about it, but just switched health care providers and now don't know where to start (from Kaiser to Aetna, so I can now pick my own doc). Basically looking for some guidance, if I should go with a general person or more specific (sports medicine?).

A month or so ago (maybe a bit more) I was working out on my heavy bag and busted up my right hand. I don't know if it was actually broken or not, but having broken (boxing fracture) it before I was pretty certain I knew what was up. I let it heal on its own.

During that time I started to get a pain in my left hand. The weird this is that its when I try and lift or carry things...any things...most when carrying cups or bowls (pressure on my fingers, etc) or undo lids on jars, etc).

I kept note of the pain and figured I had sprained or strained something.

A week goes by and I start noticing a pain in my neck/shoulder (like where you get knots in your shoulder from sleeping wrong). I was bending down to tie my shoes and got a really bad long sharp pain in that part of my shoulder...stood up to shake it off and it didn't go away right away (slow burn). I also felt it all the way down my arm to my hand. I think the pains are connected.

So this morning I was doing deadlifts and my left hand was noticeably weaker than my right...the bar was slipping out no matter how hard I tried to hold it.

By this time I'm sure you guys are like "go to the doc already!"....I know, so anyone had something like this happen before? What doc did you see?

Thanks