CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #51
Jerry Roselli

Profile:
Re: 14.4 Tips and strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok View Post
Yes....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok View Post
UGH...no. Really sorry...I did my initial production run and went heavier on the M and L and I am out of XL. I will have them in a couple weeks. If you don't mind, please shoot me an e-mail at plomchok1022@gmail.com so I can let you know when they come in. I will also announce it on Facebook page.

Thank you.

Glenn
Sent and I liked you FB page, thanks
Old 03-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #52
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp Lendner View Post
I'm one of those. Up to now, I was OK with every workout they did. Now that's different. Who has a rower, a Pull-up bar, a Wall-Ball target and a pair of rings close enough to each other to make a valid video without being in a box?

Hoping to find a box to drop in to do that workout. Very disappointed about this one. Movements are doable, combination for logistical issues is not.
Me. True story, I actually do. I am a five year Crossfitter, I live in a climate that has no access to running for months on end, I bought my rower pretty soon after I started. My rings and pull up bar are beside each other.

Regardless I am going to do this with my "team" at the local affiliate. I would actually have to do some fancy moves for my WB target.

This should be fun for video taping. I sure as heck hope they do not ask for this one to Regional folks what a pain.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #53
Snir Golan

Profile:

I will join all those that are dissapointed by this workout. Its not the actual movements I have a problem with, its the idea of needing a rower. I am currently in Israel and most boxes here are fairly small and equipment is VERY expensive so there are only a couple boxes that has rowers and even those only have 1 or 2. That means that a bunch of people now have to try and do this at other boxes and even then, you have to go 1 or 2 at a time.

And don't even get me started with trying to video it. I can see already how much of a nightmare its going to be if more than one person goes and you have 3-5 judges running around with a camera trying to video it.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:41 AM   #54
Beth Martino

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
Dang, I swear I heard him say Concept2 specifically on the live announcement.
Oh, Dave definitely said Concept2 during the live announcement; my point was more that we can't trust that what he says at the live announcement is ever the final word Always read the Workout page, watch the standards video, check out the PDF carefully!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #55
Lance Neumeyer

Profile:

Personally, I love this workout, but I go to a box. I certainly understand and can empathize with those who don't have access to a rower or local box - I'd be pretty PO'd as well.

For me, this is going to be a race to the 180 reps - which is the end of the cleans. Very close to getting a MU, but haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Looking at the leaderboard, about 60% of the Men's division is posting scores of 180 or higher. In the Master's division, just under 50% of the men have 180+.

Not nearly as many women are getting 180+; looks like this is the first workout where the men will likely have a higher score than the women.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #56
Mike Pratt

Profile:

I did 14.4 this morning. Most fun I've had in an open wod yet. I like chippers because you generally dont have to just sit in the same 1 or 2 movements and suffer the whole time.

TTb were pretty rough, and they made the muscle ups at the end even more difficult. I had no hips left.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #57
Tighe Crovetti

Profile:

Five months into CF, my first Open, I have to say...this is the WOD I've been waiting for. I'm 6' with pretty long arms for my height, so rowing is one of my stronger areas (my best 500m is 1:29). I also have managed to acquire a pretty strong aptitude for T2B, I think it's just good proportioning or something, plus a unique kip my coach taught me (and uses himself). I'm decent on WB (is anyone really "good" at them??), but not sure how the first two will affect me going into those. The cleans, they don't scare me really, they'll be one at a time, no doubt, just hoping to be able to pick the bar back up each time at a steady pace.

The big piece is the MU's. I technically 'have' a MU, but I just tend to be hit or miss, and after 180 reps of other stuff, I'm prepared to be missing.... But, I think if I can get one, I'll distant myself from other beginner/intermediate types, and hopefully with a good tiebreaker. It's weird, it's like I really expect myself to get 180, and will throw a party if I get 181!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #58
Chris Westfield

Profile:

I wonder if I can "kobayashi maru" my rower? Kidding.

Kirk out.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #59
Snir Golan

Profile:

Did about 7 minutes of the workout today (don't ask, technical issues) and i gotta say, i really do like this workout. i am doing it again on Sunday with the goal of getting at least 1 MU.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #60
Beth Martino

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Neumeyer View Post
Not nearly as many women are getting 180+; looks like this is the first workout where the men will likely have a higher score than the women.
I am withholding judgement until I see Sam Briggs' score.