CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 03-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #1
Chris Knight

Profile:
Short Achilles Tendon

I have an Athlete who has a shorter Achilles Tendon on her right side, and because of this, her heels raise on any kind of squat movement and causes her to not only go on her toes on the right side, but it compromises her left side as well. I have done all sorts of Heel cord and further upstream mobility and it has helped a little, but because it's been like that since birth, it seems like mobility wouldn't be the exact fix. I wanted to see if there were any recommendations on how to progress her squat depth and how to attempt to either eliminate the heel raise or find a way that will work for her. I have had her squat with her heels resting on 5# plates to give her more heel support and over all her movement looked better, but I didn't know if there was anything else I can try or focus on.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Short Achilles Tendon

I assuming you have tried lifting shoes with elevated heels. the only other thing other than stretching is heel cord lengthening which would be extreme. Also confirming with an orthopedist that she does not have some kind of coalition on X-ray would be helpful.